Thread: Can Vitamin C Cure Ebola?

Default Can Vitamin C Cure Ebola?

Orthomolecular Medicine News Service
    Commentary by Steve Hickey PhD, Hilary Roberts PhD, and Damien Downing MBBS, MSB.

(OMNS Aug 20, 2014) If there were a drug that worked on Ebola you should use it. There isn't. There is only vitamin C. But you must be extremely careful what you believe, because, as it ever was, the Internet is full of dangerous loonies. For coming up to a decade now the OMNS has reported on nutritional therapies; we leave the medical politics to one side and work from the facts. Here are the facts about vitamin C and Ebola.
    1. Taking a gram or so of day of vitamin C won't protect you against anything except acute scurvy; it doesn't matter whether the vitamin is liposomal, nano-particles, or even gold-plated. Beware of websites, companies, and Youtube clips making wild and unsubstantiated claims about the efficacy of vitamin C.

2. Clinical reports suggest that taking vitamin C almost to bowel tolerance every day (in divided doses) will help to protect you against all viruses. Reports by independent physicians have been consistent for decades. However, the doctors also stipulated most emphatically that the dose and the way you take it must be right - or it will not work. There is no direct placebo controlled "evidence" that massive doses of vitamin C will work on Ebola, and nobody would volunteer to take part in that study. But massive doses are reported to have helped against every virus it has been pitched against. This includes Polio, Dengue and AIDS, and it even makes vaccination work better. In the 1980s when no other treatment was available it was reported that full blown AIDS could be reversed and the patient brought back to reasonable health.[i,ii]

Keep reading: http://www.orthomolecular.org/resour...s/v10n13.shtml
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Can Vitamin C Cure Ebola?

An interesting read. The title is a real grabber: Can Vit. C "CURE" Ebola. Not sure anything can "cure" ebola. This is a good dissection of the different types of vitamin Cs and how they work. Wished for more discussion on the interaction of vitamin C and bioflavonoids, which I refer to as the "vitamin C Complex." The debate around "ascorbic acid" (or Vit. C) and whether bioflavonoids enhance the effectiveness of vit. C is inconclusive. However, studies have shown bioflavonoids strengthen the integrity of blood vessels, and a deficiency results in excessive bruising, hemrhoids, nose bleeds, and other blood vessel related conditions. Since ebola affects the body's vascular system (blood vessels), it would appear a more effective treatment would be to combine ascorbic acid with bioflavonoids.
    Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 10-08-14 at 09:08 PM.

Default Re: Can Vitamin C Cure Ebola?

The massive dosages they recommend are consistent with my own experience. I routinely take 4 g/day, in 4 divided doses, to support my immune system and ward off infections. At the slightest sign of a sore throat, I raise the dose to a gram an hour (16-18 g/day) and any symptoms are gone by next morning. I have never reached bowel tolerance no matter how high the dose, reinforcing their statement that when the body is under attack, it will devour massive quantities.

I, too, hesitate to use the word "cure" but I'm prepared to think that IV doses of C, which have been shown to reverse cancer, might have the same effect on a viral disease like ebola, especially if begun early.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information