Thread: Homeopathy for the Masses

Default Homeopathy for the Masses

Dr Mae-Wan Ho
    Dec. 3, 2014

Homeopathy can be mainstreamed as the most affordable, efficacious, and safe public health provider through a standardized and specific therapeutic approach that can deal effectively with all diseases including cancers and opens the door to controlled clinical trials and scientific investigations

Classical homeopathy

Homeopathy cures “like with like” by imitating nature, using medicines able to produce a similar artificial disease. It was invented by German physician Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) who published The Organon of the Rational Art of Healing in 1810, elaborating the methods and principles of a medical system to which he gave the name ‘homeopathy’ [1]. Homeopathic drugs are ‘proved’ by testing for symptoms produced in healthy subjects and applied to patients exhibiting similar symptoms in their diseases. The medicines are made from extracts of various plants, salts, animal products, or minerals and other natural sources, and by diluting the extracted mother tincture or the crude materials. Solutions are serially diluted and succussed (shaken vigorously) until the desired ‘potency’ is reached; the greater the dilution, the greater the potency. The crude or slightly diluted extract when ingested by healthy volunteers produces symptoms that mimic various diseases. Another tenet of homeopathy is that it treats the whole person, and individualizes the treatment for each patient.

Individualizing treatments to patients mean long consultations (and high fees), and no two homeopaths can agree on the course of treatment for the same patient. Not surprisingly, therefore, classical homeopathy has no specific treatment for any disease by name.

Keep reading: http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Homeopathy_for_the_Masses.php
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Homeopathy for the Masses

For most of my adult life I was convinced that homeopathy was pseudoscience; even today I have a hard time believing that a substance diluted as much as 10,000 times can still have an active "memory" held in the water. Yet I can testify that homeopathy works, at least in some applications. I don't pretend to begin to understand the principle at work.

I can't take medications especially antibiotics and pain medications, and have developed an intolerance to oral magnesium and a lot of herbs and supplements I used to control my various health issues. The functional MD I am seeing trained in Germany where they use a lot of homeopathy. The homeopathic formulas he has put me on are effective for me and I don't have horrible GI side effects.

Good to hear they are working for you Reesacat. I have used homeopathic remedies at times, and have an open mind. I'm sure there is so much we don't understand, but we will sometime in the future.

The Field, by Lynne McTaggart, is a fascinating, thought-provoking book which presents a new way of looking at the world. It helps to explain homeopathy among other things, and tells how many ideas have been suppressed over the years.

I keep an open mind about everything, because what was myth or legend yesterday often proves to be newly discovered science tomorrow....

In the early 70s, I was introduced to a new doctor, George R. Henshaw, MD and homeopath, and a WW1 veteran; http://www.rawbw.com/~hinshaw/cgi-bin/id?3749 . He had written a book on homeopathy, Scientific Approach to Homeopathy; http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/scie...=9780682495189 which can also still be found on Amazon for anyone interested. I had visited his office in his home in Montclair, NJ. for tree pollen allergy and other problems where it was emphasized to avoid sugar and starches among other things.

The one thing that caught my attention in his office was his "pharmacy" closet with all those homeopathic remedies. All the identical glass vials were capped with corks, and all the white powdery pills all looked alike. Heaven forbid if there ever was an earth tremor, as there was no way to tell them apart. It would have been worse than trying to put Humpty Dumpty together again.

I did not know anything about homeopathy then, and not that much more today other than what I have read and learned here online. Oh, and Dr Henshaw had done me some good on helping to alleviate those sinus allergy symptoms and blood pressure just before I relocated to PA for my job. Here's a link that has some info on homeopathy; https://floridahomeopathicsociety.org/
    Last edited by Islander; 12-05-14 at 10:40 AM.

Thread Information