Amy Meyers, MD
No Date

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) affects up to 2.5 million Americans and for most is a very debilitating illness. Conventional medicine is just now coming around to recognizing CFS as a real syndrome, and it is generally only as a diagnosis of of exclusion, meaning they ruled out other diseases and did not find any reason for the fatigue. Symptoms of CFS can be very broad and vague and often include extreme exhaustion, memory loss, headache, muscle fatigue, weakness, and pain lasting at least six months.Conventional medicine’s only treatment for CFS is prescription drugs to manage symptoms, including pain medications, sleep aids, and antidepressants.I can tell you that CFS is real. I see it every day in my functional medicine practice, and I personally experienced it while in my emergency medicine residency. I was recently on The Dr. Oz Show sharing my story with CFS. Although it’s not officially classified defined as an autoimmune disease, CFS involves many similar symptoms as well as widespread inflammation and shares many of the same root causes as autoimmunity.

To read the rest of the article go to:
http://www.amymyersmd.com/2015/02/4-...igue-syndrome/