Thread: Will the vaccinated infect the unvaccinated? That is the question with Whooping cough

Default Will the vaccinated infect the unvaccinated? That is the question with Whooping cough

Cynthia A. Janak
    June 30, 2010

Before I continue I want to tell you about a fact that is known by the CDC, etc. That is called vaccine shedding. (13, 14) This is the transmission of the virus from a vaccinated person to an unvaccinated person. The CDC is referencing "live influenza viruses." Here is the excerpt: Because LAIV (live, attenuated influenza vaccine) contains live influenza viruses, a potential exists for transmission of these viruses from vaccinees to other persons. Vaccinated immunocompetent children can shed vaccine viruses for <3 weeks. (10)

Keep reading: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/janak/100630
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Will the vaccinated infect the unvaccinated? That is the question with Whooping c

"What concerned me was that the Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis are stated as active so in essence it is live. Remember what I stated earlier about shedding. You have the potential to pass TDaP on to your children and your children could get Whooping Cough."

In our rightfully placed zeal to be concerned for our children, we might overlook the adult victims of vaccine shedding. The tetanus vaccine still is being promoted heavily, usually on a once every ten years basis, for adults. This vaccine has been combined with the live vaccines for
    Diphtheria and Pertussis, whether the person asks for it or not. Very few individuals even will think to ask for a specially prepared, very expensive, single vaccine for only tetanus. These recently vaccinated adults will be out and about, mingling with hundreds of people in their daily travels, shedding these viruses as they go about their business to people who will be unaware that they have been in contact with a contagious person.

Thread Information