Thread: If You Think Lyme Is Bad Meet Babesia -Part 1

Default If You Think Lyme Is Bad Meet Babesia -Part 1

Suzy Cohen, RPh
    May 29,2015

Would you tell a friend or colleague that you thought they had an infection which is difficult to cure?

This is what happened to me while driving to a conference in Orlando, Florida, with a colleague who has been suffering with strange and uncomfortable symptoms for many years. Her doctors all continue to misdiagnose her. 
Why do I say that? 
Because she is diagnosed with conditions, then treated with the appropriate medication, yet there is never any good response and in fact, she sometimes gets worse on the medications that should be helping. 

Does this sound like you?
    During our drive together, she had a unilateral headache behind her left eye. She confessed she gets these frequently. She often experiences pressure sensations in her sinus cavities which were diagnosed as “sinus headaches” and treated unsuccessfully with standard medications that should relieve sinus headaches.

To read the rest of the article go to:
    http://suzycohen.com/articles/lyme_babesia_treatment/
    Last edited by Reesacat; 05-31-15 at 07:19 AM.

Default Re: If You Think Lyme Is Bad Meet Babesia -Part 1

What a thorough article, Reesacat. Appreciate your finding it. I hope you find and post her follow-up (Oops. I just noticed I have to get it through new letter, so I signed up. Wish I could clear out my inbox!)

Since finding a tick on my collarbone last summer I have been tick-a-phobic. You can't feel them moving around and they could be anywhere. 71% of deer ticks in Maine carry Lyme. In addition to the parasitic Babesia, there's the virus Powhassan, which is also untreatable. Maybe my outdoor shower and a full-length mirror will defeat the mighty tick!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I will post the follow-up — thanks to wr7476 I get her newsletter. I have had Lyme and deer lay in my yard and I am pulling ticks off of me several times a year so I try to keep current. I think Ms. Cohen has some of the best information out there.

A very kind acknowledgement Reesacat. Thank you. Awhile back, I remembered reading about olive leaf extract countering Lyme disease, in addition to other spirochete diseases. Perhaps Babesia could be countered by olive leaf extract as well.

http://www.about-olive-leaf-extract....eningitis.html
    “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    ~ Mark Twain~

Thank you wr7476 for this olive leaf information. As usual with these articles, however, no mention is made of the dosage of this herb that was found to be effective.

I think more information will be in the sequel.....I have been listening to Lyme Ninja Radio and the host is an acupuncturist who also uses Chinese herbs to treat his Lyme and help patients. Guests have done herbal protocols, homeopathy, Ozone, IV vitamin C, irradiated blood treatments, etc. One new treatment coming out is liposomal essential oils..........Lyme is extremely complicated and usually just doing one herb isn't enough — combinations and switiching herbs is recommended along with biofilm busters such as nattokinase.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurya View Post
    Thank you wr7476 for this olive leaf information. As usual with these articles, however, no mention is made of the dosage of this herb that was found to be effective.

Good catch Maurya. I was unable to find a dose even after further research.
    “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    ~ Mark Twain~

Thread Information