Thread: Recent Studies Shed Light On The Mind-Body Connection

Default Recent Studies Shed Light On The Mind-Body Connection

Amanda Abella
    June 10 2015

While the idea of the mind-body connection isn’t anything new, it is still not widely accepted in some circles of medical community.
    In fact, I have a coaching client who is a nurse by day and a holistic health coach by night, and she’s always talking about how the medical community still isn’t embracing more holistic approaches to healthcare.
    Well, it seems like some of that is about to change. Thanks to an accidental experiment that has led to more recent studies, we now have some more empirical evidence that shows us just how interconnected our minds and our bodies actually are.

The Accidental Experiment
    Kevin Tracey is a neurosurgeon who has made it his life’s mission to see how the inflammation affects the body. He is also the man credited with accidentally finding a major scientific discovery that had lead to research, clinical trials and experiments since 1999.
    Last edited by Islander; 06-12-15 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Spelling error in subject line

Default Re: Recent Studies Shed Light On The Mind-Body Connection

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Along these lines, if anyone is interested in pursuing this, for examples one might want to look into apparently documented evidence that has measured physical changes in the body in certain psychiatric patients suffering from multiple personality disorder. I recall listening to a speaker at a conference in California back in the early 90's who described how certain extreme cases of mpd have demonstrated change in eye color when changing from one personality to another. Other physiological changes were observed occurring as well, such as changes in visual ability etc.

Veteran Member

The article says, "By partaking in deep, controlled breathing we tap into the parasympathetic nervous system. If this sounds familiar it’s because you may have also heard this referred to as “belly breathing” in yoga classes. A few minutes of this and it’s enough to start calming you down." This is interesting. I think it's also intuitive. A few months ago I received some devastatingly sad news, and a short while later I realized I was unconsciously breathing very, very slowly and deeply, almost as if my life depended on it.
    Last edited by Pattypans; 07-22-15 at 04:14 PM.

Veteran Member

I tried editing my above post several times, but I can't get it to make a new paragraph. Sorry about that.

Thread Information