Thread: Babesia Testing And Treatment (Part 2 of If You Think Lyme Is Bad Meet Babesia)

Default Babesia Testing And Treatment (Part 2 of If You Think Lyme Is Bad Meet Babesia)

Suzy Cohen, RPh
    August 15, 2015

Babesiosis causes an array of symptoms that change over time. You do not have to have all of the symptoms at once. Keep in mind, symptoms may change over time. In fact, symptoms of a Babesia infection could literally change every few minutes making you think you’re going crazy. It’s a stealth infection so you would not respond to a two week course of antibiotics like other typical infections. Babesiosis often requires 6 to 12 months of treatment, if not life-long herbal antimicrobials (after the drugs) in order to keep it at bay. Treatment varies from doctor to doctor.
    There is a Part I to this article which you can read by clicking here, and it is more in-depth.

To read the rest of this article go to:
    http://suzycohen.com/articles/babesi...and-treatment/

Default Re: Babesia Testing And Treatment (Part 2 of If You Think Lyme Is Bad Meet Babesia)

For Part One on Hawkes' Health go to:

http://www.hawkeshealth.net/communit...ad.php?t=16179

Default Re: Babesia Testing And Treatment (Part 2 of If You Think Lyme Is Bad Meet Babesia)

Thanks for posting the follow-up, Reesacat¡
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Yeah, good info Reesacat. Docs would easily miss this diagnosis.
    “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    ~ Mark Twain~

It's disappointing, by her own admission at the end of her article, that Suzy Cohen did not discuss preventative gut immunity. She only discussed diagnosis and post remedies.

What might anyone do in the way of preventive strategies? All I can think of is, don't get bitten by a tick.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    What might anyone do in the way of preventive strategies? All I can think of is, don't get bitten by a tick.
    Tick bites (stings/inbeds) are not optional, and if you live where they do they're inevitable. Wear white and check your clothing and body every day before going to bed as it takes 24 hours to be infected. We have gazillions of them but never had a problem yet despite pulling off many of them on a daily basis. Our best prevention measure is to have free ranging chickens to keep them in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Eat right, maintain immunity through good gut flora with proper (fermented) food, and avoid sugar, for instance. There's lot's to be said about that, especially to the uninformed.

Now in the summer , I have my fair share of insect bites up n down my legs. I always think it's from ants, or maybe a tick, or even a bed bug, without any known symptoms or side effects. Based on what I read about the lyme and babesia symptoms, I guess I may be doing something right, nutritionally, who knows???

"Ora Moose", guinea fowl are said to be especially good at eating ticks, provided you don't have close neighbors due to their noisy yelling.

Grulla, if you were bitten by a tick, he'd still be hanging on. Once attached, they will cling until they are engorged...except that you don't want to wait that long to find and uninstall it! I bought a full-length mirror since I don't have a partner to help me see my back.

Ora, I live within a heavy deer population, and deer ticks are the size of the period in this sentence, but I don't agree that a bite is inevitable. So far this season I've found two on me and two more in the neighborhood (one waking across the page of the book I was reading — wha-? — but the one who was clinging was not attached. Currently Maine has the highest tick population in the nation, and I'd like to make one correction to your comment: they can very definitely attached in under 24 hours. Not my opinion, it comes right from the experts. Everybody, be alert! Treat your pets, too. "Revolution" is an effective tick repellent for cats; dunno if they have one for dogs as well.

"Grulla, if you were bitten by a tick, he'd still be hanging on."

Well, "Islander" whew, that's a relief. Now all I have to do is worry about the bed bugs or the ants. Out here in SW NM, you can't stand in one place too long, or those doggone ants will hitch a ride and become stowaways.

You don't have bedbugs either, Grulla. If you did, trust me, you'd know it. You'd wake up each morning writhing in agony from the itchy bites you received while you were asleep. Or have you been sleeping in strange, dodgy places recently? Hmmm?

"...in strange dodgy places..." I guess some people think living in my vintage 33' 1974 Silver Streak RV mobile home abode is strange & dodgy. :-)

I don't have that many bites, but every now n then I notice a new bite usually on my legs, from who-knows-what or where???
    Last edited by grulla; 08-17-15 at 03:41 PM.

Thread Information