Thread: Certified Organic Food Grown in U.S. Found Contaminated with Glyphosate Herbicide

Default Certified Organic Food Grown in U.S. Found Contaminated with Glyphosate Herbicide

Brian Shilhavy
    September 12th 2015

Think you can avoid glyphosate by buying organic? Think again. A new investigation by Tropical Traditions reveals that many products in the organic grain market in the U.S. contain glyphosate residue at levels almost the same as conventional grains.

With over 80% of the U.S. food supply now reportedly contaminated with the herbicide glyphosate, many people are turning to USDA certified organic products to avoid this toxic chemical. Current USDA NOP (National Organic Program) standards do not allow the use of the herbicide glyphosate on organic crops.
    However, a new investigation by Tropical Traditions has revealed that the U.S. organic grain market is contaminated with glyphosate.

Read more: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/ale...sate-herbicide
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Certified Organic Food Grown in U.S. Found Contaminated with Glyphosate Herbicide

Sadly, this is not new. Happily, I live without grains. No grains, no sugars. People are aghast when I say this, and the response is often, "What do you eat?!!" It's a reasonable question since so much of our diet is comprised of wheat and corn.

Actually, I eat very well. I thrive on beef, pork, chicken, lamb, fish, eggs, lots of veggies and fruits & nuts. Cheese & yogurt. Fermented foods like sauerkraut and kombucha. Home-brewed wine. Grits, polenta and cornbread from homegrown sources. That's my secret: 95% of my diet is food I grew/raised myself or bought/bartered from friends, so I know it's not just organic, it's free of contaminants like glyphosate.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information