Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Curaderm BEC5 experience

Default My Curaderm BEC5 experience

For several years I've had a bump on my chest. It never itched, bled, or misbehaved in any way. It was just there, taunting me.

As many of you know, I am very pale, grew up in rural south Louisiana with the annual rite of several sunburns per Spring because "kids are supposed to be outside." My mother would slather me with Johnson's baby oil with iodine in it and two or more times per year I'd get a blistered sunburn with fever. My poor skin. (I would much have preferred to sleep till afternoon and play out side in the late afternoon, early evening; but noooo...). By the time I was 16, I started to avoid the sun (in general) and wear sunscreen on my face. At that time sunscreen was actually hard to find.

Ever since then, my only cancer fear has been skin cancer. I have had worrisome spots checked on my back, my arm, my hand and every doctor as said they were nothing to worry about. I never asked about the one on my chest because it resembled the one on my back.

In February, I ordered some Curaderm BEC5 which was developed to treat Basil Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma. The developer says that it only destroys cancer cells and not healthy cells. I applied it to the bump (which I suspect was a BCC), got one hell of a reaction and my journey began. The basal cell layer is deep so ouch. A lesion quickly appeared that measured around 3 cm x 5 cm. I treated it twice per day for three weeks. Then the lesion doubled in size seemingly overnight to about 5 cm x 10 cm. The original area began its path to healing very slowly while the new area opened.

I am writing this at the end of week 8 of the treatment process. The original lump is long gone, the center is healing nicely, and the edges have finally turned a corner. Today was the first day that the cream only stung a bit (rather than feeling like receiving a brand). C Bec5 5weeks A.jpg

That's a quarter in the photo taken at five weeks (three weeks ago).

There's a Curaderm group on FB if anyone is interested.

Do you think my lesion looks like a penguin or a map of India or maybe a bowling pin? I'm going with a penguin.

Default Re: My Curaderm BEC5 experience

Yikes! Is this the same as what's called "black salve"? You are very brave. I think at the three-week point I would have panicked! I'm so glad that apparently the whole thing is healing nicely. Good for you!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Curaderm BEC5 is not the same thing as "black salve". Curaderm is derived from eggplant; black salve usually is called bloodroot salve. These two may or may not have similar methods of action within the body. Bloodroot salve users have developed a Face Book group, which is very interesting in comparing the differing experiences of various people who have used bloodroot salve.

Is black salve legal in the US? It's not in Oz. I agree with Islander - I would have been worried by the reaction.

Curaderm contains a mixture of natural glycoalkaloids that are extracted from the fruit of various plants such as the Devil's Apple, Eggplant, and Devil's Fig. It can selectivly penetrate cancer cells but is unable to penetrate normal cells. Once inside the cancer cell, it restores the process of programmed cell death and those cells "commit suicide" or deconstruct. Many who have used the cream for BCC or SCC (without ending the process too early) have been cancer free in that spot (according to biopsy) 10 years later. The cream also contains salicylic acid and urea that help remove the outer layer of dead cells so that the active ingredient can reach the cancer cells.

At first the lesion usually looks much worse because it is reaching cancer cells that you can't see. This is when the cream burns like hell (in my opinion). I wash the area and apply the cream twice per day and then cover it with a non-stick pad. During the early parts of the treatment yellow goop appears. This is said to be dead cells. But consistency is called for and somewhere along the line maybe around 3 weeks it seems to turn a corner. The yellow goop ends, the sting lessens, more new skin appears, any open holes start to close. Eventually the open area completely closes with new skin and we are told to keep applying the cream as long as there is any sting. Once that stops, treatment ends.

The book that comes with the cream tells about some patients in trials. One lady was told that her nose would need to be removed. Another had a cancer close to the eye and was told they'd likely have to remove the eye. Both were treated with Curaderm instead. Both had excellent results and avoided surgery. There are some videos on Youtube of people who have used it as well.

It just takes a lot of patience and tenacity (and reminding myself that this is much better than surgery). Doctors are nigh useless when it comes to cancer. Judging from the size of this thing (they're like icebergs) I would have ended up with skin graphs and a Franken chest. No thanks.

Supposedly, Curaderm is not meant to treat melanoma although I've heard they are doing testing.

That is truly jaw-dropping. Props to you for having the courage to go through with it. Was yur family aware of what was going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    That is truly jaw-dropping. Props to you for having the courage to go through with it. Was yur family aware of what was going on?
    My family did not know until the lesion grew to the point where the bandage/tape was showing above my t-shirt collar (between 3-4 weeks). That's when my oldest asked me about it. I told her then but didn't show her (I have shown her since when it started to look better). My youngest daughter found out next. The Resident Male still doesn't know.

I was less afraid to try Curaderm than black salve. Although, I would use black salve if I had a melanoma before I'd trust a doctor.

Most of the lesion has closed up and doesn't sting. I quit using the cream on those areas a few days ago and now I put a mixture of cannabis salve, frankincense oil, and lavender oil on it. I also ordered some tamanu oil that should be in Monday that I will use. It's supposed to be great for healing skin and preventing scars.

There are just 3 or 4 very small spots that are still open and I'm continuing to put Curaderm on them. There is just a sting -- quite the relief compared to the weeks where the whole top layer of skin was gone. I kept telling myself "I've given birth. I have tattoos. This is healing. I can do this." The pain was quite the bitch for about 30 minutes to an hour after I applied it twice per day and then it would fade away. It's so wonderful now to not feel that and just feel some sensitivity and itching for the most part.

The lesion area ranges from medium pink to purple -- probably because I'm virtually translucent. I imagine the Resident Male will eventually see it this summer.

Attachment 398Photo at the end of week 8. Except for two tiny spots at the top, it is closed and the cream no longer stings or causes tingling. I've tested a couple of other spots on my body to see if there was a reaction and there has been none. I'm testing a third today.

I'm afraid the attachment doesn't work and right now my brain is fried, I can't think what's wrong with it. If it's a jpg on your desktop, try dragging and dropping it in the post. That works for me...but then, I have a Mac.

That looks the same to me as week 5 highlander. Is that the right attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    That looks the same to me as week 5 highlander. Is that the right attachment?
    Yes, at week 5 the skin was still open and crusty. At week 8 it is closed.

This is week 9.

curaderm-week-9.jpg

This has been an awakening for me. We read about such things but they happen to other people, total strangers, not to our friends or someone we know well. Highlander, I'm wondering whether these new spots are cells that have escaped from the dying mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Highlander, I'm wondering whether these new spots are cells that have escaped from the dying mother.
    My theory is that it was a BCC that sat there on my chest growing and growing deep down unbeknownst to me and that the three new spots are like runner roots. Early in the treatment period when I would put the cream on the main area, I'd feel a sting farther away in the area that new spots eventually appeared. I thought it just a nerve thing at the time. The original visible bump seemed to never change which is why I was not overly concerned about it.

My family is like ewww and I tell them it looks infinitely better than it did.

I also think about the millions of people who were less protective of their skin than I was/am. I shudder to think what is growing on people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information