Thread: When the cure is worse than the disease

Default When the cure is worse than the disease

Frank Shallenberger, MD
    May 23, 2016

Is it getting worse, or are some people just hearing about it for the first time? I’m talking about the third leading cause of death in the United States. My readers have known for a long time that one of the leading causes of death in the US is not a disease. It’s the medical system itself!

Way back in 2001 the American Medical Association reported that more than 100,000 U.S. men and women die each year from the medical treatment they receive. I told you back then that this is more than a jumbo jet crashing every single day of the year, year in and year out. The report for some mysterious reason was quietly overlooked by all the networks and news agencies. But now the ugly truth is coming to the surface again. Only this time it’s even worse.

Read more: http://www.secondopinionnewsletter.c...he-disease.htm
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Big Bear, CA (tiny town in the mountains)

Default Re: When the cure is worse than the disease

It is not easy to find this info in general. I've looked at numerous sites for "causes of death in the US." They all present a list like the following:

1. Heart Disease
    2. Cancer
    3. Lung disease
    4. Accidents
    5. Stroke
    6. Alzheimer's
    7. Diabetes
    8. Influenza-pneumonia
    9. Nephritis/kidney
    10. Suicide
    11. Blood poisoning
    12. Liver disease
    13. Hypertension/renal
    14. Parkinson's
    15. Homicide
    (http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/u...auses-of-death)

"Nearly 75% of all deaths in the US are attributed to just 10 causes, with the top 3 of these accounting for over 50% of all deaths. Over the last five years, the main causes of death in the US have remained fairly consistent, although unintentional injuries (accidents) became the fourth leading cause of death in 2013, while stroke became the fifth."

(http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929.php)

In none of the lists do i find pharmaceuticals or medical errors separated out. And yet in 2014, "properly prescribed" medications were listed as one of the top causes of death in the US. (http://ethics.harvard.edu/blog/new-p...ing-advantages) This article also reveals that medical errors are a leading cause of death. With these two facts in mind, it is very possible that the number one cause of death in the US is the medical system.

But looking at the lists in the above cited articles and others, this would never be apparent. It has been brushed aside so anyone not looking into alternative medicine and truthful reporting would never be aware of these facts. How is this possible? Well, one is that the reporting system for medical error and pharmaceuticals is largely voluntary. Yes, these things are suppose to be reported, but even the CDC and FDA know that probably only 10% actually are reported. Much of this can be hidden in the way things happen. Cancer can be fatal, but often the fatalities are caused, or at least accelerated by the treatments used. The same can be said about many of the other diseases listed here. Treatment can cause deaths but those deaths can be attributed to the disease not treatment, error, or pharmaceuticals.

Several times i've seen different quotes attributed to elderly people, asking advice on their longevity. Many of these have stated that staying far away from doctors was helpful. I know that if i were able to give my younger self advice, it would have been to avoid docs and medicines and to eat a healthy diet and learn about natural treatment of illness with herbals and supplements.

Default Re: When the cure is worse than the disease

It's interesting, Katee, that none of your searches revealed medical error or pharmaceuticals as a major cause of death. How true it is that doctors "bury their mistakes"!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information