Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neurosurgeon Reveals Radiation From Wi-Fi, Smart Meters & Cell Phones Cause The Blood

Default Re: Neurosurgeon Reveals Radiation From Wi-Fi, Smart Meters & Cell Phones Cause The B

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Grulla and Ora, I have none of these issues. I haven't had a landline in over 15 years; my cell service is comprehensive, the coverage is virtually universal, $60/month. I text more than I phone, and because I use the speakerphone, I have no worries about the tiny EMF that might leak out. So: no landline, no TV, no additional expense.
    That's interesting and inspiring, "Islander". Perhaps some day I can upgrade my new Consumer Cellular ZTE modem to unlimited calling, with level 4 smartphone service, as opposed to using a tablet, since my laptop is always kept on the table and I don't have to worry about it being too big to carry around in my pocket like a smartphone tablet. Then I could disconnect my satellite service. I need to ask more questions, as I'm not all that knowledgeable on all these latest tech services.??? And keeping the landline "basic service" might be helpful for that idea to succeed. Also need to re-evaluate getting rid of my Jitterbug Great Call traveling cellphone. It can get complicated, LOL.
    Last edited by grulla; 10-16-16 at 10:47 AM.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Neurosurgeon Reveals Radiation From Wi-Fi, Smart Meters & Cell Phones Cause The B

Well to refine the point, the main reason for us to keep a landline is that when you have a big storm/thick cloud cover, our satellite reception will cut out but our land line does not. Kinda important if you're under 2 feet of snow and can't get out. You should know that feeling Islander (;-) You never need it until you do that's why we have a stored generator and compressor and other survival weapons and have extra dog and gas on hand at all times. But I digress... Think back 30 years, did you have a cell phone or ever heard of it? Wasn't necessary then so why now?

And as an aside, remember that most of the radiation you will be exposed to in your life time is from the sun, yet you need the exposure to stay healthy. I'd suggest being more aware of the AC radiation, as I sit daily at a desk with a couple of dozen power cords plugged into extensions at my feet. I'd much rather hear a cat purr or a dog snooze never mind the health issues.

Ora, I can't speak for Grulla, who seems to have multiple phones, but my smart phone replaces my landine; it runs off cell towers, not satellite, so I never lose power (unless it loses its charge... I charge it every night, have a charger in the car, and have 2 battery sticks I charge before potential power losses so I can always have an active phone. In fact, I also have a little portable radio with solar charging power).

A generator is on my want list but so far, any supplemental income has gone toward home/farm maintenance and repair. When I can afford it, I plan to have an LP gas generator and an extra tank (no charge for the tank). Eliminates the need to store gas, add Stabil etc. Fortunately, the only extended outage we've had was in winter, when you can move food outside to porch or deck or patio. Having grown up in NH, with our share of hurricanes, I have always has kerosene lamps and lanterns filled and on hand. I have an LP gas stove and two wood-burning stoves, so cooking is no problem.

"Think back 30 years, did you have a cell phone or ever heard of it? Wasn't necessary then so why now?"
    Because of the immense convenience at no additional charge. The phone is always with me, usually on my person, even up in the hayloft where, if I should fall through the hole where the ladder sits, and break a hip, I can call 911 from the convenience of the barn floor. It has replaced my camera, my road atlas, email & other methods of communication when I am away from home. It's the entire Internet in my hip pocket or handbag. It's an amazing tool, especially for someone like me who runs a business that frequently requires my making deliveries to places where I have never been, or meeting a potential patient in the same way. Texting is a blessing! I shot out 3 quick messages this morning to my crew, some of whom were a 4-hr. drive away this weekend, to confirm that all would be available tomorrow morning (affirmative). As opposed to a phone call, texts communicate almost instantly.

One of my best experiences with a cell phone was when I was meeting three Internet friends in Dublin for the first time. Back then, Europe was years ahead of the US in mobile phone technology. I was amazed when one of my friends knew that it was I who was calling; I didn't have caller ID on my primitive phone at that time. Organizing a place and time for four strangers to meet in a major European capital would have been almost impossible without those mobile phones! So 4 young adults, including one gay man and one girlfriend, took me on a 2-day tour of Dublin's best pubs. Amazing that I survived that adventure! Well, I was younger then....
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

As we can see, the smart choices in communication equipment will vary according to the local situation. For my own choices so far, I do continue to maintain a land line, although it may get the axe in the future. So far I have considered that it is worth the $30 per month to keep it as an insurance against the times when the cell phone tower goes down. This does not take place often, but occasionally when the utility power has gone down, they find that someone has neglected to fuel the generator up at the tower, and the cell phone service will be down until somebody goes out to the middle of nowhere, up on top of the hill, to carry fuel and to start the generator. So the land line will suffice to call the utility power company and the cell phone company, to try to get both of these services repaired and started up again.

Years ago when my old, small, gasoline powered generator seemed to have become unrepairable, I bought a larger, propane powered generator. Propane does not go bad when it has been stored for a long time, as gasoline and diesel fuel tend to do. Hopefully we never will have another hurricane like Hugo in my lifetime, but it would be wise to prepare for such a disaster. This would mean preparing for having no electrical power for six to nine months before the utility can restore power. Having a propane generator to run for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hour in the evening would be a big step toward survival. Bearing in mind that many neighbors have no generator at all, one's bathroom might get heavy usage, as I would invite neighbors to come over to get a nice warm shower. My water pump would be operational whenever the generator would be running.

Now to figure out how to get the thing going again, as it is in desperate need of repair.

"Ora, I can't speak for Grulla, who seems to have multiple phones,..." To clarify, having multiple phones is not my goal. Rather, I'm a bit of a researcher and experimenter, going through a gradual, step by step, trial & error, EMF SAFE, transition with temporary duplication of services. I don't want to do anything rash and impulsive during these major changes and want to make sure all functions well before disconnecting any services. I'm just trying to get the most cost effective, efficient bang for the buck that I can in this media driven society, and some of my ways may appear odd, strange, and unconventional (eccentric, lol) to others. After all, I just saved almost 40 bucks a month downgrading, (but not terminating) my telco landline services, but have the option of reversing some or all of those decisions with an instant phone call to the phone company, (who can make instant changes usually within a 24 hour period, if it should become necessary due to a wrong decision). But I may also choose to terminate the landline in the future, time will tell, we shall see??? Again, just being cautious taking baby steps.

ALSO: as I once posted here before (in the archives), "Islander" is right, propane gas has to be a very good investment since it is prepaid and can be stored indefinitely without turning to "varnish" like gasoline or diesel fuel, in your emergency power plant fuel tank. City gas would be my second/other choice, depending where one lives. And avoid renting your propane tank from a dedicated supplier, always best to purchase the tank outright, so you can purchase (more) gas from the supplier of your choice and not being confined to a dedicated rental tank owner/supplier/provider for your subsequent propane gas purchases.

And do make sure you have a proof-of-purchase receipt showing a propane tank model and serial number, for your purchased propane fuel tank or otherwise, other propane gas suppliers might refuse to fill a tank they suspect may belong to another tank rental supplier outfit. In my experience, a 500 gallon propane tank is the most efficient size to acquire as chances are that you will be using that gas for many other household purposes, like cooking and heating, hot water, propane absorption gas refrigerator/freezer, etc. OTOH, some propane gas tank installations may be there just for the sole purpose of supplying a standby, emergency generator only, as again, the propane gas can last indefinitely without deteriorating. Such was the case over the many years, for all my railroad radio sites' emergency standby, propane generator installations, in case of power failures. And also, my current gas supplier gives me a 20 cent/gallon discount if I purchase a minimum amount of gas per delivery. And those propane tank rental charges can really rack up over the years. Tank maintenance is minimal, not much goes wrong with them provided they are installed properly in the first pace, and they don't leak. So again, purchasing, as opposed to renting, a propane tank is financially prudent.

The generator should be run tested (exercised) every few weeks or every month or so, to make sure you don't have any unpleasant surprises in an emergency power outage situation, like a dead starter motor battery, (which needs to be kept charged at all times on a trickle or float battery charger). I suppose smaller gensets could be manually started with a hand pull rope, just like a lawn mower, even on propane models???, (if you have arms like Popeye, lol).
    Last edited by grulla; 10-17-16 at 10:27 AM.

@"Maurya"; "This would mean preparing for having no electrical power for six to nine months before the utility can restore power." In a potential situation such as that, I would suggest two things for greater generator engine reliability and longevity, when purchasing a gen-set.

First, a slower speed 1800 RPM, 60 HZ, 120/240 volt, (or 1500 RPM in countries with 240 volt, 50 HZ power like Oz, NZ, and many other places) (propane) generator, as opposed to the higher speed 3600/3000 RPM generators, will last much longer.

And secondly, liquid cooled generator engines, as opposed to air cooled engines, have greater longevity as well, with better, more uniform and efficient engine cooling capability.

Also, a simple, manually operated transfer switch should be adequate, especially if one is present to turn on the generator anyway. Unnecessary automation can be costly, complicated, and difficult to repair.

http://www.centralmainediesel.com/or....asp?page=GM14
    Last edited by grulla; 10-17-16 at 04:26 PM.

Grulla, there is no rental fee on my propane tank, nor would there be on a second one. I've been with the same company for 40 years; they installed my cookstove, my on-demand water heater, my wall room heater, all of which are trouble-free. No complaints.

Veteran Member

Ah, but there's the small insignificant issue of what my son wants, which would be round the clock computer connectivity so he can ignore 99+% of it especially when we try to contact him in person. I think we need to divide "phones" from "pads" and all be much better and proficient for it. Then again, I like watching sports too and not necessarily the the prominent mainstream "in your eye 24/7" type so we pay as we go. Tour de France? Check. WWF? none at all. Olympics? Definitely I go back to Montreal 76 staying at a campground some of the best memoriries I still have, but who knows about the ones I's lost.

Veteran Member

Islander, having traveled all over and seen what works and doesn't, I can vouch for "on-demand water heaters" as one of the best options that Americans never adopted probably because the utility companies need the revenue. Who needs a 100 gallon hot water tank kept warm around the clock to feed the oil/gas/electric companies? Not you unless you refill your hot tub daily.

Quote Originally Posted by grulla View Post
    First, a slower speed 1800 RPM, 60 HZ, 120/240 volt, (or 1500 RPM in countries with 240 volt, 50 HZ power like Oz, NZ, and many other places) (propane) generator, as opposed to the higher speed 3600/3000 RPM generators, will last much longer.

And secondly, liquid cooled generator engines, as opposed to air cooled engines, have greater longevity as well, with better, more uniform and efficient engine cooling capability.

Also, a simple, manually operated transfer switch should be adequate, especially if one is present to turn on the generator anyway. Unnecessary automation can be costly, complicated, and difficult to repair.
    Although I would love to invest in a 1800 RPM, liquid cooled generator, this currently would be well beyond my means. I did have an automatic transfer switch installed with the "new" generator, but generally do not use it, as we commonly have many short (two hours or less) power outages. Having the generator automatically start and run under load for these small ones would be a waste of fuel, in my opinion. As well, the automatic transfer process, as programmed in the generator, will require it to start and run unloaded for about twenty minutes once a week. My preference would be to exercise the generator only once a month, which I do manually. If I am away from home for a period of several days, which takes place quite seldom, I do set the automatic transfer switch, just so that I would not lose all the food in my fridge and freezer in case the power goes out for an extended period while I am gone.

I have been saving my pennies for several years to purchase a propane tank which, as Ora Moose has mentioned, can be filled from the truck which comes up the driveway to the tank near the generator. Unfortunately, some other household emergency always has surfaced before the entire purchase price has been saved.

I do have two on-demand water heaters, one for upstairs, one for downstairs, but they are electric. The guy who installed them is no longer in that line of work, so when one of them has died (like now) I am at a loss as to where and how to get it repaired or replaced. Just one more household project that has usurped the new propane tank in my list of priorities.

Fun fact: New residential construction where I live is required to use a solar water heater. Existing homes are permitted to use an on-demand water heater, as I have done in my older house. Some people like these solar water heaters, but it does require that one do tasks that require hot water, such as showering, dish washing, etc. in the afternoon or evening when the water in the big tank on the roof still is warm from the suns rays during the day time. If one wishes to shower in the early morning, that water on the roof will have cooled overnight to about a luke warm temperature. After a prolonged period of rainy days, one is SOL for hot water until the sun reemerges for a while. Some folks seem to have adjusted to this pattern of daily life, some folks hate it. I like my on-demand water heaters, when they are working.
    Last edited by Maurya; 10-18-16 at 07:43 AM.

"I do have two on-demand water heaters, one for upstairs, one for downstairs, but they are electric." This surprises me. My water heater requires no electricity. A drop in water pressure (when the hot water tap is turned on) ignites the pilot light — or rather, turns up the pilot light — and the water is heated as it flows through it. My gas stove is the same, the difference being that I have to use matches to light the burners or oven. I think the high price of on-demand heaters is a deterrent, but mine has lasted for 35 years with only 2 minor service calls, one for cleaning, one to clear the filter, which I've now learned to do myself. The investment has paid for itself many times over.

This just now arrived in my e-mail, free interactive TV, and my first thought is more EMFs if not dealt with correctly with an outdoor antenna. I have not had a chance to read the details, as I have to get out of my sedentary chair and get on with my day. But here is the link if you're interested: https://contentsharing.net/actions/e...jobid=35448122

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    "I do have two on-demand water heaters, one for upstairs, one for downstairs, but they are electric." This surprises me. My water heater requires no electricity. A drop in water pressure (when the hot water tap is turned on) ignites the pilot light — or rather, turns up the pilot light — and the water is heated as it flows through it. My gas stove is the same, the difference being that I have to use matches to light the burners or oven. I think the high price of on-demand heaters is a deterrent, but mine has lasted for 35 years with only 2 minor service calls, one for cleaning, one to clear the filter, which I've now learned to do myself. The investment has paid for itself many times over.
    I'm a bit confused, you say they are electric, but you also mention a pilot light which indicates gas??? Do you mean to say that it's electric ignition with a gas burner???

My parents had a wall phone. Their provider charged them $7 a month to rent that phone. When I found out, I bought them a wall phone for $12. They had paid that rent for 20 years. Do the math. I know this post is not exactly relevant; but I had to get it off my chest.
    mitakuye oyasin na akita mani yo!

I remember those days, Stephen. I think we all took it for granted that the s$7 was… Well I'm not sure what we thought it was. It certainly never occurred to anyone to replace the phone Ma Bell provided with one from the local hardware store or whatever!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information