Thread: Garlic Prevents Artery Calcification And Infection

Default Garlic Prevents Artery Calcification And Infection

Dr Jeffrey Dach
    June 17 2015

Aged garlic shows promising effects on reducing elevated coronary calcium scores while also acting as a gut-friendly antimicrobial.

How to Reduce Calcium Scores

Jim has an elevated coronary calcium score in the 95% percentile indicating high risk for future heart attack. He is being treated by his cardiologist with daily aspirin and atorvastatin (lipitor), a statin drug to reduce cholesterol.
    Currently we are following a number of similar patients with elevated coronary calcium score treated with statin drugs by their cardiologist. The elevated calcium score indicates higher risk for future coronary event such as chest pain, angina, heart attack etc. Current cardiology dogma dictates treatment with statin drugs to lower cholesterol, thus preventing heart disease.

Cholesterol Theory has Been Falsified

Read more: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/gar...-and-infection
    Last edited by Islander; 11-14-16 at 01:00 PM.

Default Re: Garlic Prevents Artery Calcification And Infection

Garlic is great for so many ailments. A friend suffers with boils. Garlic is the only thing that helps him to manage the problem. He uses fresh garlic cloves and garlic supplements, which work surprisingly well for him.

I had a good harvest this year so in addition to cooking, I've been taking raw garlic with at least one meal a day. Yes, I remember to slice it 10 minutes ahead of when I want to use it.

Found this while reading Maurya's post:
    Garlic

Of all the natural antibiotics, garlic is my personal favorite and my family’s go-to for internal use. The reason is that it kills the pathogens, not just bacteria but also fungus and viruses too without harming beneficial gut flora.

• Garlic packs a punch with phytochemicals and healing sulfur components. These sulfur compounds even chelate toxic heavy metals (like lead & cadmium), binding with them for excretion out of the body.
    • It has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and even antiviral qualities.
    • It promotes the growth of healthy intestinal microflora by acting as a prebiotic (food for probiotics).
    • Garlic helps keep fats from oxidizing.
    • Garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and guards against DNA damage.
    • It protects against radiation & sunlight damage.
    • Garlic fights worms and parasites.
    • It benefits digestion, which is good for the whole body.
    • It contains many nutrients such as vitamins (C, B1, B2, B3), minerals (calcium, folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, and phytochemicals (Allicin, beta-carotene, beta-sitosterol, caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid, diallyl-disulfide, ferulic acid, geraniol, kaempferol, linalool, oleanolic acid, p-coumaric acid, phloroglucinol, phytic acid, quercetin, rutin, s-allyl-cysteine, saponin, sinapic acid, & stigmasterol).

The phytochemical allicin in garlic is so powerful that it is one of the best natural antibiotics effective against MRSA. This article on MRSA natural remedies describes how to use it appropriately for this purpose.
    Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride MD suggests consuming a whole head of garlic a day when using for natural antibiotic purposes. She also outlines how to make garlic infused olive oil as a remedy for ear and other external infections.

• 1 crushed clove of garlic
    • 1 – 2 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil

Place the crushed garlic in the oil and let sit for 30 minutes, then strain. The oil can be warmed slightly by placing it in a cup and setting the cup in warm water (don’t overheat or this will destroy beneficial properties). Use a few drops of this oil hourly in the ears to treat an ear infection. Garlic oil is a safe remedy for children and can also be used daily (just a couple of drops) to soften ear wax buildup.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.c...l-antibiotics/
    Last edited by Islander; 04-17-17 at 10:43 AM.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

The article above refers to AGE - Aged Garlic Extract. I have been taking 1/4 tspn 2 x daily for about six weeks, for coronary artery calcium. It's not pleasant, but I follow it quickly with a strong-tasting juice. (I do also use garlic quite often in cooking).

The calcium showed up on an X-ray which was looking for something else. X-Rays are not a reliable way of showing exactly how much calcium is there, so I'm thinking of having a CT scan which would show my calcium score more precisely. I may be worrying about absolutely nothing!

I suspect the arterial calcium is caused by all the milk I used to drink, though some articles say dietary calcium is not the cause. Still researching this topic, so I have a lot to learn!
    Last edited by Julieanne; 04-19-17 at 05:59 AM.

Wish I could tag people in this forum because GRULLA might be able to help here. I've also been interrupted in putting together further info on calcification. Meanwhile, here's something for both of you to pursue: https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...ad.php?t=15073

Thanks Islander. I probably read that when it was first posted, but can't remember. The link leads to an article which has heavy emphasis on magnesium for removing calcium. I've been taking magnesium chelate for several years now, for various reasons. The label lists 500mg, equal to 100mg elemental magnesium. I have been taking one capsule after dinner. I wonder now if that is enough?

There are several comments under the article above re lack of info on vitamin K. I agree, it should have been included. I have been taking vitamin K for a while, but further research made me realise the dose was far too low to be effective. I started a higher dose a couple of weeks ago.

I've never heard of sodium thiosulfate, so I need to do some research. I have no idea where one might buy it!

As to Magnesium, the dosages that people I respect have recommended usually begin with 10 mg of elemental Mg per Kg of bodyweight. For example, for a 60 kg (132 lb) person, about 600 mg of elemental Mg would be a recommended daily intake, in divided doses throughout the day. The preferred form in a supplement would be a fully formed amino acid chelate of Mg, rather than just a mixed compound. This would need to be adjusted in accordance with the body's fat to lean ratio, with the level of athletic activity, and with various other individual factors.

Many different forms of Mg are available in supplements, but the choice of form is complicated by the fact that some forms seem to have a high level of elemental Mg in the total Mg compound, but are not necessarily the most useable forms. For example, Mg Oxide and Mg Citrate appear to contain a high proportion of Mg in proportion to the Oxide and Citrate portion, but these forms are quite poorly assimilated in the human body. Mg Glycinate, Mg Taurate, Mg Threonate, etc. contain lower levels of elemental Mg, but these amounts are much more efficiently assimilated in the human body.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Wish I could tag people in this forum because GRULLA might be able to help here. I've also been interrupted in putting together further info on calcification. Meanwhile, here's something for both of you to pursue: https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...ad.php?t=15073
    Here is the recent thread where I explained a lot about my 60%appx arterial carotid artery calcification. I just now returned from another alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) IV, (with Vit B12 shots also), the 9th out of at least 15 weekly IV events after which the integrative MD/ND will re-evaluate me on June 1st. We took two BP readings today, first the left arm just before the IV, at 122/68, and then the second BP reading on the right arm just after the IV, at 119/79. The RN said that those kinds of minor BP differences between left and right arms can be quite common.

I would think that my recent return to a normal BP would be indicative of those arteries being cleaned with the ALA IVs, but I suppose another ultrasound will have to prove that out. I further suspect that since my BP spiked from a longtime normal of 120/80 to a high of 100/165 over the course of 2016, my somewhat "quick" action on the problem may have made things easier to correct.

I made my initial appointment with the integrative MD/ND doctor last November, and it took almost four months to finally get my first initial visit, with all those subsequent weekly IV events. Patients come from far and wide for his services, and stay overnight in hotels for expedited daily IV services from his clinic. Here are more details on last week's HH thread: https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...+calcification
    Last edited by grulla; 04-19-17 at 07:53 PM.

@grulla: Congratulations on your amazing progress. Your BP numbers are great!! Your MD/ND doctor sounds like a winner. Does your health insurance cover the cost for these treatments? My BlueCross/BlueShield insurance does not cover my ND visits.

I'm fortunate in that my PCP is holistically inclined. I'm not sure when my BP declined from 140 over something, but my initiative to drop sugar and grains after my T2DM diagnosis was clearly influential in lowering it to the level of 118/68 for the last xxx years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
    @grulla: Congratulations on your amazing progress. Your BP numbers are great!! Your MD/ND doctor sounds like a winner. Does your health insurance cover the cost for these treatments? My BlueCross/BlueShield insurance does not cover my ND visits.
    Thanks "Mr. Wizard", I just hope I can sustain those results indefinitely, especially on just proper diet. Medicare covers the office visits and diagnosis, but NOT the IVs. Also, the doctor 's office insists on immediate total payment and then submits a special refund form to Medicare, whose checks I've been receiving reliably via my Medicare manager, UHC.

Thread Information