Thread: Japanese Study Reveals Eating Ice Cream for Breakfast Will Make You Smarter

Default Japanese Study Reveals Eating Ice Cream for Breakfast Will Make You Smarter

King Malleta
    November 23, 2016

Yoshiko Koga, a professor at Tokyo’s Kyorin University, conducted a “clinical trial” that links eating ice cream in the morning to positive effects on the brain’s performance. Koga, who is an expert in psychophysiology, concentrated on the potential-stress relieving and anti-aging capabilities of food choices.
    Koga partnered with a big Japanese confectionary company as part of the experiment and had a group of participants eat ice cream right after they wake up in the morning. Koga must have felt very lucky to find out that his “subject’s brains exhibited an increase in high-frequency alpha waves, which are connected to enhanced alertness and reduced mental irritation.”

Read more: http://nextshark.com/japanese-study-...-make-smarter/
    Last edited by Islander; 11-24-16 at 05:11 PM. Reason: formatting

Default Re: Japanese Study Reveals Eating Ice Cream for Breakfast Will Make You Smarter

I'm not so sure about this idea. At the very least, I would want to know the source of the dairy, A1 or A2, pasteurized, fat content, various ingredients, sugar, and god knows what else???

Default Re: Japanese Study Reveals Eating Ice Cream for Breakfast Will Make You Smarter

And I would like to know why “clinical trial” is in quotation marks. Sadly, I don't read Japanese. Nor do I trust RocketNews as a reliable site.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

"Nor do I trust Rocket News as a reliable site." It's a moot point since the whole idea of commercial ice cream for beakfast, especially with all it's adulterated ingredients, is not very reliable and healthy, and questionable at best. And if one is lactose intolerant, good luck with that, you'll be tootin all day.

I first caught this subject as a news byte on the morning news and google searched it accordingly for a reliable website on the subject, and the Rocket News was the "best" news source website I could find, all the other websites were gourmet nonsense, with sugar and proper fats being of minimal and inaccurate concern.

However, I have been making healthy frozen, high fat, no sugar, frozen organic (unadulterated) yogurt with berries and other healthy ingredients, at home for 6 years now and have to wonder how that might be for breakfast, hmmm. And being lactose intolerant, with good quality yogurt, I never have to worry about "tootin my horn" all day. :-)
    Last edited by grulla; 11-25-16 at 09:26 AM.

You can digest yogurt because the process removes most of the lactose. Greek yogurt (which you can make by placing a cup or two of regular yogurt in a strainer over a bowl in your fridge) has even less, because the lactose is in the whey, which you are removing.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information