Thread: Survival Food – 56 Long-Term Survival Foods and Supplies at the Grocery Store

Default Survival Food – 56 Long-Term Survival Foods and Supplies at the Grocery Store

Handy chart for long-term storage here.

Robert Richardson
    Nov.25, 2016

When disaster strikes, there’s a pretty good chance your local grocery stores are going to be stripped bare in a matter of hours. From panicked people trying to stock up on last minute supplies to those who failed to prepare for even short-term disasters and now find themselves facing the prospect of starving, your local grocery store is going to look like a battleground in a post-apocalyptic movie.
    Most grocery stores have a maximum 3 day supply of goods on hand before they run dry.

Keep reading: http://offgridsurvival.com/survivalfood/
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Survival Food – 56 Long-Term Survival Foods and Supplies at the Grocery Store

I read so much about ghee, that I just now bought my first jar, a good candidate for long term storage. There is a 25 lb sack of organic quinoa in the outdoor freezer, which could survive to a great extent with massive power outages. Scarlet runner beans would be another good bet since they are the only bean plant that can be grown and propagated as a perennial, in the right climate conditions.

As far as soaps are concerned, my choice has always been a large, all purpose (refill) bottle of the blue Dawn Dish Detergent that is filled into various sized pump dispensers in my abode. Just one small drop is usually all that is needed to wash the grease from my hands, usually within 10 seconds. Just don't leave it on you like a nicotine skin patch, rinse well.
    Last edited by grulla; 11-27-16 at 05:11 PM.

Default Re: Survival Food – 56 Long-Term Survival Foods and Supplies at the Grocery Store

Dish detergent is a poor choice for a hand and body soap, since its sole purpose is to remove oils, including your skin's natural secretions. Dishwashing is ruinous to my hands; I prefer to wear gloves when I can. The very best soap is the simple old-fashioned combination of pork fat back and lye.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information