Thread: Amino acids and their significance for sleep, mood and performance

Default Amino acids and their significance for sleep, mood and performance

No author given
    March 2017

Sleep, a good mood and performance are directly related. Anyone who starts their day after a restful night is better able to concentrate on work and feels more balanced. Conversely, constant fatigue leads to a drop in performance which can lead to unhappiness over an extended period of time. The potential outcome is worry and sleeplessness which is certainly a vicious circle.
    To balance body and soul, a balanced supply of necessary nutrients is important. New findings in the field of food supplements stress the importance of amino acids.
    Glutamine has a calming effect and counteracts symptoms of stress
    The amino acid glutamine is involved in many metabolic processes. It stabilises the immune system, strengthens the intestinal cells and helps against stress, depression and anxiety.1

Read more: http://www.aminoacid-studies.com/are...rformance.html
    Last edited by Islander; 03-13-17 at 02:32 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

Default Re: Amino acids and their significance for sleep, mood and performance

Is glutamine available as a supplement? Or plentiful in specific foods?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Great Lakes gelatin red label has 11.4% glutamic acid, I don't know if the green label is the same. I would guess bone broth contains glutamine? Meat? I have lent out my book, The Mood Cure , which would probably have the info.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 03-14-17 at 06:42 AM.

Ha. I, too, have lent out The Mood Cure and I have no idea where it went. The collagen I'm using is not Great Lakes; it has 1364 mg of glutamic acid but doesn't list the percentages for any of them. Maurya's having trouble with her computer; perhaps she'll be back soon to shed more light on this.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

L-Glutamine as a supplement readily is available in powder form (such as would be added to smoothies or to protein shakes), as well as in capsules, although the quantities necessary would be quite pricey if one relies upon capsules. Thorne Research is one of several manufacturers for this supplement. I would think that traditional bone broth would be the mainstay of glutamine in the diet, if bone broth is consumed on a regular basis.

In the article, many different amino acids and their functions are described. L-Glutamine merely is the first one mentioned.

Thread Information