Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB18 Bill Will Allow Authorities To Enter Unvaccinated Kids Homes (California)

Default SB18 Bill Will Allow Authorities To Enter Unvaccinated Kids Homes (California)

Sean Adl-Tabatabai
    March 29, 2017

California has passed the controversial SB18 bill, allowing state authorities to enter unvaccinated children’s homes in order to assess the child’s safety.

SB18 is a law that forces parents to adhere to and comply with the government’s definition of what is “appropriate” practice when it comes to raising children. Failure to comply with “appropriate” practises, including going against “evidence-based” medical recommendations, can put parents at risk of losing their children.

Read more: http://yournewswire.com/sb18-bill-unvaccinated-kids/
    Last edited by Islander; 04-08-17 at 07:53 PM.

Default Re: SB18 Bill Will Allow Authorities To Enter Unvaccinated Kids Homes (California)

This looks to me like a frightening abuse of power. I'm wondering whether it might be fought in court simply citing the phrase, "evidence-based." There is literally no evidence that vaccines are safe and effective. Even the CDC admits that.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: SB18 Bill Will Allow Authorities To Enter Unvaccinated Kids Homes (California)

I'm a little surprised at California. A law is one thing......"enforcement" is another. The state will have a difficult time enforcing a law that so severely encroaches on the rights of parents. Prediction: ACLU will be all over this.

I don't know about that Mr. Wizard. CA seems to be a testing ground and they are pushing hard.
    Sort of related check out this link for a WHO power point. The global vaccine market it exploding. http://www.who.int/influenza_vaccine..._10_kaddar.pdf

Yikes! A lot of data to absorb there, bmc. Not only do the pharma bloodhounds sniff money to be made (I just read that the U.S. will soon have access to a breast cancer vaccine developed in Cuba... if we want a breast cancer vaccine... I'm not even sure I see a connection between a bacteria or a virus and cancer of the breast; on the other hand, I've been to Cuba and I know firsthand how far advanced they are in medical education and practice compared to almost any other developed nation. They were ahead of us in timeliness and number at the outbreak of ebola in Africa, for instance).

Anything's a fair target and a cash opportunity. Zika, ebola, Alzheimer's, ADHD, just watch: if there's a disease or condition, contagious or not, it's another fiscal opportunity. And Australia has already put mandates into effect. I forget just what they are, but among them I seem to recall school admissions, access to child care, and possibly denial of pensions to retirees. Someone look it up?

Here is one from the Australian government.

https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsib...young-children

No denial of pensions to retirees, but heavy advertising of vaccinations for 'flu and pneumonia.

Julieanne, do you have a prediction as to whether this might also evolve over time? Just your best guess...

Hmm, never thought about it - somehow I doubt it. But who can tell, when even the Greens leader (a doctor) is pro-vaccination? Which doesn't, of course, mean he would be in favour of mandatory vax. BTW, can you remember where you found this rumour?

Sorry, I plead incompetent on that. I read a prodigious selection from a variety of sources every morning, and might have seen it in social media or one of the dozen newsletters I just unsubscribed from via my inbox. Sign one petition, you are committed to endless begging letters for donations.
    :: deep sigh ::
    There's also a lot of fear-mongering from every direction — not surprising given the turbulence we see from every corner of the globe. The one I saw today was from Sanjay Gupta predicting a return of the cyclical killer flu pandemic. I keep my immune system supported with C, A and D, and live in the moment. Pffffft.

Although I realize that just now we were talking about the situation in Oz, to some extent the projection that the US might attack the Social Security of its older people if they did not submit to vaccinations was based on a very real circumstance with the Veterans Administration medical system. If a military veteran who relies upon the VA for medical treatment declines any jab, including the highly touted "flu shot", that veteran will be denied any other sort of medical treatment with the VA. For many lower income people who have served in the US military in their past, the VA is their only affordable source for treatment of their medical problems. So generally the veteran just complies and allows the injections.

It was simple extrapolation to suppose that any population who has any economic benefit or service that easily could be withheld or could be withdrawn, such as children needing to attend public school or veterans needing medical treatment, easily could be expanded in the next step to include all older people who rely on their Social Security for the major portion of their retirement income. This method has not yet been employed; common sense would indicate that one should be quite cautious in this realm.

Maurya, as a Navy veteran, are you in any danger of losing access to VA care?

Yes, I certainly would be, except that in a functional sense, I have no access to VA medical care. One must fly to Puerto Rico, which many of my friends who rely on VA frequently do. As I never have used this system for myself, the point is moot. But the simple answer to your question would be "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Maurya View Post
    Here is one from the Australian government.

https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsib...young-children
    I don't mean to insult Autralians, but Oz 's history was largely due in great part, to being a British penal colony, and it appears to this day to be part of an authoritarian culture. I can't recall how many TV interviews I have seen over the years with Australians, where they touted lineage and descendancy to first generation British penal colony prisoners.

Whereas the history and culture in the U.S. is that they have always touted revolution against the British King George. The mere fact that the Australian government voted to confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens in 1996, reflects that penal colony authoritarian attitude, so all those vaccine laws one hears about in Oz, as well as the possibility in the U.S. state of CA, doesn't surprise me one bit.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...a-mark-antonio

But you have a logical flaw, Grulla. You point to Australia and CA as espousing authoritarian policies, while simultaneously pointing out that their political positions were opposites from the start.

Despite the fact that only about 7% of the early American population were actively involved in the revolution of 1776, it would seem to me that both Australians and Americans have similar reasons for resenting authority. As far as legislation goes, both countries elect their governing bodies. Yet we do not always get the government we want, do we? (I for one would be perfectly OK with confiscating firearms. It works for both Australia and England).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information