Thread: Researchers find glyphosate in pregnant women, worry about impact on infants

Default Researchers find glyphosate in pregnant women, worry about impact on infants

Rene Ebersole
    April 7, 2017

A team of scientists this week released early results of an ongoing study spotlighting concerns about the rising use of pesticides and reproductive risks to women and children. The researchers tested and tracked, over a period of two years, the presence of the common herbicide glyphosate in the urine of 69 expectant mothers in Indiana.
    The team – led by Paul Winchester, medical director of the neonatal intensive care unit at the Franciscan St. Francis Health System and professor of clinical pediatrics at Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, Ind. – found glyphosate residues in 90 percent of the women, and high levels of those residues appeared to correlate with shortened pregnancies and below-average birth weights adjusted for age. The findings alarmed the researchers because such babies are at increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and lower cognitive abilities. “Gestational age maximizes the size of your brain at birth, and any shortening is essentially a reduction of IQ points,” Winchester said in an interview with FERN’s Ag Insider. “It has not just health, but lifetime achievement implications.”

Keep reading: https://thefern.org/ag_insider/resea...mpact-infants/
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Researchers find glyphosate in pregnant women, worry about impact on infants

Well, yes it's a small sample size, but 90% of study participants had glyphosate residues. This stuff is everywhere. Of the body's six (6) detox organs, the liver is the major organ responsible for removing "synthetic chemicals," like glyphosate. Organic avocados contain glutathione, which helps the liver detoxify synthetic chemicals. Other organic foods that enhance the liver's detox function include, artichokes, beets, asparagus, basil, kale, almonds, blueberries, apples, broccoli, cilantro (also known as coriander), watercress, parsley, lemons, onions, cranberries, turmeric (curcumin) and wheatgrass.

Default Re: Researchers find glyphosate in pregnant women, worry about impact on infants

What food will return my body to its original factory settings?
    Is it kale?
    It's kale, isn't it?
    Please don't say it's kale.

OK, seriously, I disregard some published studies with very small sample sizes but this one is too significant to dismiss. I have read result after result of glyphosate being found in blood, urine and mother's milk. I do eat most of the foods in that long list organically, about half of which I grow myself... but I can't tolerate cilantro, I have never eaten wheatgrass, and the price of organic avocados (when I can find them) is a deterrent. I do take liver support supplements, too.

Agree, "organic" avocados are not cheap. Since the article was about pregnant women with glyphosate residues, I thought it best if they ate everything organic to reduce chemical load. Good news: the Environmental Working Group (EWG) lists avocados as one of the fruits & veggies with the least amount of pesticides, ranking them #2 on its 2017 list of "the clean 15." So, unless pregnant or suffering with very serious health issues, there probably is no need to buy "organic" avocados.

Thanks, Mr. Wiz, that's reassuring. I just looked at my EWG list (which is posted 18 inches from my left eyeball) and noticed that avocados are number one on the clean 15 list. Duh. I'm pretty good at reading, not so accomplished at remembering....

Thread Information