Thread: Cancer, Mostly Bad Luck? Not Really!

Default Cancer, Mostly Bad Luck? Not Really!

Jon Barron
    04/15/2017

Late last month, a follow up study on the random nature of cancer was published. I consider this one of the most dangerous studies I have seen in quite some time--not because its conclusions are wrong--but rather because of how they were interpreted and how that interpretation was presented by the media.
    Instead of inspiring people with a call to personal responsibility and action, this study is far more likely to inspire people to abrogate their own responsibility in terms of cancer and hand it over to their doctors. Unfortunately, in many cases, that's equivalent to a death sentence. Make no mistake, cancer is now the leading cause of death in the world.1

Keep reading: https://jonbarron.org/cancer-alterna...ck-not-really#
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Cancer, Mostly Bad Luck? Not Really!

A healthy immune system, according to this article, fights cancer cells everyday. Age, illness, pollutants, stress, etc.--all weaken the immune system, thus diminishing the body's cancer fighting ability. I've been researching "beta-glucan," a nutrient that really boosts the immune system. Beta glucan enhances the production of natural killer (NK) cells, macrophages, and lymphocytes that attack cancer cells. This article has piqued my interest in beta glucan.

Mr. Wizard, spoon-feed me please. What foods are rich in this, or is it strictly a supplement?

Beta glucan is a nutrient found in the cell walls of various foods, Depending on the source of the beta glucan, different functions in the body benefit from the nutrient. For example, beta glucan found in oats, barley, rye & wheat has been shown to help lower high cholesterol. This is why some people with high cholestoral benefit from eating a daily bowl of oatmeal. Another type of beta glucan found in seaweed and various species of mushrooms, like sreishi, shiitake, & maitake has been shown to boost the immune system and help fight cancer. This type of beta glucan is called, B(1,3)D-glucan. I have taken "oat beta glucan" for years to help lower my cholesterol naturally, instead of eating oatmeal. I'm thinking about purchasing a "mushroom" type beta glucan for immune system. Unfortunately, I can't stomach real mushrooms.

Well. Of course for me barley, rye & wheat are off the table. I eat occasional oatmeal, occasional seaweed (but probably not the right kind), and shrooms (but again, not the right kind). Looking at beta glucan online, I see there are only two categories: cheap and pricey.

When I experiment with a new supplement, I look for change or improvement of some kind, but I rarely notice anything different. If I continue with that supplement it's on the basis of blind faith. So I might just try the NOW brand, but not entirely in blind faith; I'll take your word (and the claims I read) because I've been whacked with immense stress in the last week and if beta glucan can help my immune system recover, that's all I ask.

@Islander: Just to be clear, I've only taken the "oat" type of beta glucan....the kind that affects cholesterol. I'm thinking about purchasing the beta glucan that boost immune system, since I don't eat mushrooms. Before purchasing the mushroom type beta glucan, suggest you read info. on this site: https://www.betterwayhealth.com/

Welp, I did that, and even at the lower level, betterway's 100 mg dose is still 3x the price of the NOW counterpart. Betterway claims their product is 8x the strength, but we have to take that claim on faith. I think as a beginner I'll start cheaper/lower dose anyway, given my recent experience with ox bile. Thank you for the recommendation. Good timing!

I wonder why you worry about cholesterol. Do you have hypercholesterolemia? Because otherwise I'm satisfied that my body is using all the cholesterol it has.
    Last edited by Islander; 06-01-17 at 09:00 AM.

I was misled by my good 'ol doc about having high cholesterol. I refused his cholesterol cocktail, and told him I would treat it naturally. That's when I found "oat" beta glucan. I'm no longer worried...now that I'm aware of the whole cholesterol scam. I like your strategy for starting with a lower dose of beta glucan.....just make sure it's from mushrooms.

Banned

Cancer has turned to a deadly disease. Researches say that it can be heriditory or non heriditory. One of the main reason for the increased caner rate is the change in lifestyle and food habits. Most of the people are behind fast foods. Try to have fiber and protein rich food.

Thread Information