Thread: Vaccine incentives

Default Vaccine incentives

Not a published study, but a valid source. I'm posting it here to facilitate searching since I'm sure I will need to find it again (and so might you).

Date posted: May 3, 2017
    from Walter Kryshak, Facebook

Blue Cross/Blue Shield will give your pediatrician $400 for each child in their practice who is fully up to date on their vaccines by age 2. But the practice has to maintain a 63% fully vaccinated rate (including flu vaccines that have been proven not to work!) or else they won't receive the payout. This is why pediatricians are throwing parents/children out of their practice for not vaccinating. Unvaccinated kids affect the ratio—50/50 and he doesn't get his bonus. So clearly it's not about your child's health at all. It's all about profits.

If the average pediatric practice has 1,000 children, that's a bonus of $400,000! That's on top of what the pediatrician receives for office visits. That's a HUGE incentive to push vaccines at every visit.

And when more and more parents are waking up to the dangers and ineffectiveness of vaccines, this eats away at their "incentives".

Want proof?—
    Read page 14 of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Physicians "Performance Recognition" Manual...http://whale.to/c/2016-BCN-BCBSM-Inc...am-Booklet.pdf
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Vaccine incentives

I have read the post from this author, and have read many other references to this same phenomenon, some using slightly different percentage rates for adequate compliance to get the reward. If I can dig up another source, I shall share it here. We all can get the point of this though, and it certainly does not encourage one to "trust the doctor".

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    ....."Blue Cross/Blue Shield will give your pediatrician $400 for each child in their practice who is fully up to date on their vaccines by age 2......"
    This made me wonder why age 2? So, I reviewed CDC's recommended VAX schedule for children age 0 to 2 yrs. old. I found my answer. If pediatricians follow CDC's schedule, by age 2, a child would have received 25 doses of 10 different vaccines.....all within the first 24 months of a life. What are we doing to our children?? See CDC's VAX schedule here:
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedul...chedule-bw.pdf

This is the kind of information that vaccine advocates never see. And then they innocently wonder why so many children are afflicted with autism, or ADHD, or asthma, or peanut allergies, or seizure disorders, and so on and so on.... Some of these conditions are so common that today's parents take them for granted ("oh, yes, asthma. My Jennie has it too. But they grow out of it." Not always, no. And this should not be a normal expectation for young children. Asthma and allergies were not part of early childhood when folks my age were growing up.

I'm concerned about "vaccine load." CDC's schedule recommends a child get the 1st dose of 5 different vaccines at exactly 2 months old. And 1 of the 5 vaccines is a "combination" vaccine, namely the DTaP (Diphtheria, tetanus, & acellular pertussis). Perhaps it's me, but this just seems to be quite a load inflicted on a 2 month old. Oh, by the way, the 2nd dose of these same 5 vaccines is recommended just 2 months later. I want to see the science showing that all 5 vaccines are needed at the same time to be efficacious. I want to see the science proving that "no harm" is done to a child receiving such a vaccine load.

We all share that "want" but it won't happen, because no controlled trials have ever been done.

My curiosity about "vaccine load" persuaded me to visit the CDC VAX website to see if this issue was addressed. Below is some of what I found. The statement below is verbatim from the website, but I added the bold and italicize to the one sentence for emphasis:

Getting multiple vaccines at the same time has been shown to be safe.

Scientific data show that getting several vaccines at the same time does not cause any chronic health problems. A number of studies have been done to look at the effects of giving various combinations of vaccines, and when every new vaccine is licensed, it has been tested along with the vaccines already recommended for a particular aged child. The recommended vaccines have been shown to be as effective in combination as they are individually. Sometimes, certain combinations of vaccines given together can cause fever, and occasionally febrile seizures; these are temporary and do not cause any lasting damage. Based on this information, both the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend getting all routine childhood vaccines on time.
    Read more here: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/co...-immunity.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
    "A number of studies have been done" ... "when every new vaccine is licensed, it has been tested"...
    Thanks for finding these details, Mr. Wiz!

These two excerpts give me pause. First, where can I find these studies? In what pediatric journal(s) have they been published? And secondly, exactly how have they been tested? Have infants (somewhere in the world, with parental consent?) actually been tested against an unvaccinated control group? Again, I'd like to see the results of these tests. Where have they been published?

To whom do I direct these questions? How can my curiosity be satisfied? I really don't know where to begin.

Big Bear, CA (tiny town in the mountains)

Thanks, Katee!

Veteran Member

That's a good one, Katee.

@Katee: Thanks! Exactly the point I've been trying to make.....only Katee made it better than I ever could.

Big Bear, CA (tiny town in the mountains)

Thanks, Mr. Wizard, but i didn't create this. I'd seen it recently at FB and it seemed so appropriate to this discussion i went looking for it. The problem with FB is that often it is difficult to find something you've seen but not noted who posted it! But i was able to find it. However, a Google search something like "limiting new foods vs. multiple vaccines" came up very heavily biased in favor of vaccines.

Thread Information