Thread: Understanding Gender Differences Could Improve Autism And Alzheimer's Treatment

Default Understanding Gender Differences Could Improve Autism And Alzheimer's Treatment

Andrey Kastelmacher
    March 22, 2015

While modern society strives to reach equality between men and women, the scientific community has often raised the question of whether gender differences could affect our health and well-being. A new Israeli study shows that gender differences affect autism and Alzheimer’s disease; its results could potentially help in improving treatment for other illnesses as well.
    Autism and Alzheimer’s are cognitive-physical conditions that pose great difficulties for the patient, family and friends. While men are more likely to have autism with a ratio of three to one, women are more likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease.

Read more: http://nocamels.com/2015/03/understa...ers-treatment/

Default Re: Understanding Gender Differences Could Improve Autism And Alzheimer's Treatment

Interesting premise, and not too surprising. One should notice, however, that the thrust of the "discoveries" is all about developing new drugs.

Default Re: Understanding Gender Differences Could Improve Autism And Alzheimer's Treatment

I read recently that researchers cited "old age" as the greatest risk factor for Alzheimer's. (The vast majority of those with Alzheimer's develop symptoms at age 65 or later). This was noted to explain why women--who tend to live longer than men--make up almost two-thirds of Alzheimer's patients. The other two risk factors were the ADNP gene mentioned in this article, and the prevalence of the disease within a family.

A great deal of evidence supports sugar as being complicit in Alzheimers diagnoses. Thus, a family's dining habits may have more to do with Alzheimers than genetics.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Hence the common term for dementia: Type 3 Diabetes.

Veteran Member

Well I guess I may have had type 3 diabetes all my life and didn't even know it, says the demented guy... and I also didn't know that dining habits may have to do with genetics I thought it was all inherited, foolish me. I tend to have a good breakfast, skip lunch and have a late big supper is that a way to predict any mental condition? I can vouch that it works wonders for insomnia and sweet dreams but it may require a nightly trip to the bathroom, which is somewhat better than drinking a six pack for dinner and requiring three. But I digress... hey where did my meds go? Soon as I stop looking they'll come out of hiding as usual.

Since you are what you eat and I'm already too sweet, does that mean I should avoid eating sweet corn from my farmer's market? As to why women tend to live longer than men, I have no proof but would guess that it's all in the jeans, the plumbing and the hormones. Why didn't my mom warn me about this? She's outlived my dad by more than 30 years.

Thread Information