Thread: MICHIGAN MOM WHO WON’T VACCINATE HER SON IS SENTENCED TO SEVEN DAYS IN JAIL

Default MICHIGAN MOM WHO WON’T VACCINATE HER SON IS SENTENCED TO SEVEN DAYS IN JAIL

Jessica Firger
    10/4/17

A Detroit-area woman who refused to vaccinate her son was sentenced by a judge on Wednesday to seven days in prison.
    Last week, Rebecca Bredow told the local ABC News affiliate WXYZ that a judge had ordered her to vaccinate her 9-year-old son. On Wednesday, the Associated Press reported that Bredow was sentenced by Judge Karen McDonald, who ruled that Bredow's ex-husband (the son's father) "gets a say" in the decision. Though the parents have shared custody of their two children, Bredow is the primary caregiver. In response, Bredow told the judge that she takes “full responsibility” for her actions, but that she is philosophically opposed to vaccinating her son for transmissible, potentially fatal and otherwise preventable diseases such as measles.

Read on at: http://www.newsweek.com/michigan-mom...nes-son-678008

Default Re: MICHIGAN MOM WHO WON’T VACCINATE HER SON IS SENTENCED TO SEVEN DAYS IN JAIL

Forcing people to inject their children with potentially toxic vaccines is right out of totalitarism. What's next? Dumping toxic waste into our drinking water and claiming it is good for us? Oops, that has already been done. BTW, when I was seven my cousin got measles. All five cousins went and spent the day with her. We all got measles. Lasted two days. We all have lifetime immunity..no aluminum, no mercury, no formaldehyde. People who trade security for freedom deserve neither.
    mitakuye oyasin na akita mani yo!

Veteran Member

Default Re: MICHIGAN MOM WHO WON’T VACCINATE HER SON IS SENTENCED TO SEVEN DAYS IN JAIL

Quote Originally Posted by StephenX View Post
    Forcing people to inject their children with potentially toxic vaccines is right out of totalitarism. What's next?
    I agree with you, Stephen. "What's next?" is a very good question.

On another subject, if your 'measles' lasted two days, I doubt it was measles. 'German' measles, maybe? I'm unvaccinated, and got measles as a child, and it lasted longer than that. There were precautions our mothers took when we had measles...on day(s?) x (don't remember if it was the fourth, fifth day, or which) we had to stay in a darkened room (to protect our eyes, I think it was.) And guess what? We did. I survived, and I'm sure my immune system is all the better for it.

What's next is not only a very good question, it is essential to progress no matter where you are now. Vaccines supposedly work based on minor exposure to build immunity. Ask yourself what you want for your child and his as you pass on. Wait, what am I babbling about?

Nasty "domestic battles" often end up hurting the children more than the adults. This couple--while together--agreed to delay (spread out) vaccinations. What changed? Oh yeah, a jilted ex-husband. So, now the child suffers. So typical.

I worked for 5 years as therapist to teens in a locked secure facility who were the products of dysfunctional families. I've seen first-hand how the stress, the disputes, the neglect, the physical and emotional abuse, and the abuse of drugs and alcohol have damaged these young lives. Kids are generally resilient, but the strategies they have adopted in order to survive can be heartbreaking... especially self-harm. I wish all parents could act as adults in the presence of their children!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I worked for 5 years as therapist to teens in a locked secure facility who were the products of dysfunctional families. I've seen first-hand how the stress, the disputes, the neglect, the physical and emotional abuse, and the abuse of drugs and alcohol have damaged these young lives. Kids are generally resilient, but the strategies they have adopted in order to survive can be heartbreaking... especially self-harm. I wish all parents could act as adults in the presence of their children!
    Islander, you sure sound like you speak from experience and yes, the saddest part is definitely self-harm when you or they don't care anymore. But how do get to them before that point? I'm a self help guy but not everybody is today or tomorrow

When the agency got them, they were well past "that point" — homicidal, suicidal, assaultive. A few were given the choice of prison or a year in a "group home" and chose us. Others were referred directly out of foster care. All were damaged goods, and we had a year to fix what was sometimes beyond repair. Therapy was intense, 'round the clock, always two staff to each kid and during the day, closer to three. There were success stories, failures, and some that we simply lost track of. This was the last job of my career and to be honest, the one I loved the most. Highest stress... greatest rewards.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information