Thread: Water 3.0 Solves Problems Of Microplastics And Pharmaceuticals In Wastewater

Default Water 3.0 Solves Problems Of Microplastics And Pharmaceuticals In Wastewater

Treehugger
    October 8 2017

Last week, Lund University reported that microplastics cross the blood-brain barrier to accumulate in the brains of fish, and this build-up may be related to behavioral disorders in fish, including slower eating and less exploration of their environments.
    This report adds to news that

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/water-3-...astewater.html

Default Re: Water 3.0 Solves Problems Of Microplastics And Pharmaceuticals In Wastewater

I hope that this, or another technology, is put into play soon, as plastic pollution effects all life, including us. I worry that what seems to be a new wave of transgendered people is not merely a more tolerant society in which they feel comfortable to identify, but an actual physiological abberrancy caused by the proliferation of chemicals in our water... all water.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Water 3.0 Solves Problems Of Microplastics And Pharmaceuticals In Wastewater

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I hope that this, or another technology, is put into play soon, as plastic pollution effects all life, including us. I worry that what seems to be a new wave of transgendered people is not merely a more tolerant society in which they feel comfortable to identify, but an actual physiological abberrancy caused by the proliferation of chemicals in our water... all water.
    You may be right on the causes to people exposed to plastics long term, simply because it is not cheap and convenient to run tests and relate it to any single chemical in plastic.

One of my temp stints involved traveling to water purification facilities that had large tanks similar to the one in that article quoted above. The technology was based on releasing ozone to the bottom of the tanks, and it would kill all organic lifeforms, as well as combining with metals and essentially turn them to rust. The company I worked for made ozone detectors, both for monitoring the high concentration used in the tanks, and also ambient air low levels that can kill you if there's even a small leak. They used to joke that without monitors, by the time you could smell the ozone you were probably already dead. The ozone was generated in large quantities by using corona discharge and then piped to the water tanks. The generators were huge like the size of submarines, and had a glass viewing window so you could see what was basically controlled lightning inside. Unfortunate for me, that company refused to pay enough to warrant potential extremely dangerous circumstances so I left them before I got hurt. Now I wonder if that type of technology could be used for microplastics also... In my role providing technical support I remember one customer calling us for help with their application: using ozone to keep stored potatos from spoiling, but I didn't stay long enough to find out what their results were.
    Last edited by Ora Moose; 6 Days Ago at 09:25 AM.

Interesting!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Here's another article illustrating that this plastics issue is worldwide in scope:

By Colin Fernandez for the Daily Mail and Phoebe Weston For Mailonline
    And if you'd like to know more about ozone generation:

http://www.ozoneapplications.com/info/cd_vs_uv.htm