Thread: Scientists Discover A Non-Invasive Treatment For Multiple Sclerosis

Default Scientists Discover A Non-Invasive Treatment For Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is believed to be one of the most widespread and disabling neurological conditions in the world, with an estimated 2.3 million people suffering from the condition worldwide. The latest statistics estimate that there are currently 400,000 individuals suffering from MS in the US and a further 100,000 individuals in the UK http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/sci...iple-sclerosis
    Last edited by Islander; 12-10-17 at 06:33 PM.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Scientists Discover A Non-Invasive Treatment For Multiple Sclerosis

I read this, too, and think it's wonderful! Unfortunately, it seems the specific water mentioned isn't available in many places. Since many of us probably have aluminum in our bodies, with or without symptoms of aluminum toxicity, it seems that some intake of silica might be a good idea for all of us. It occurs to me that, in the absence of this particular water, maybe there are other sources of silica that might be helpful for that. I think I've heard that the plant horsetail is high in silica. I'm not sure I've got that right; will have to look it up. But the point is, if we find and use other sources every so often, we might benefit.

Silica is a miracle substance. It's extremely critical for healthier skin, hair, and nails. Also, it acts a little like vitamin K2, in that it helps to direct calcium into the teeth and bones. Fruits & veggies are the best sources of silica, especially bell peppers, bananas, and green beans. **As Pattypans pointed out, the herb horsetail is probably the best source. In fighting MS, silica, in conjunction with omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D3, and curcumin (turmeric) have proven very beneficial.

Veteran Member

Interesting info, Mr. Wiz. I love green beans!

I find horsetail growing wild here and brew a tea out of the silica flower.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Earlier this year, the B vitamin - biotin - was in the news because of its success in treating multiple sclerosis. Studies have shown biotin to be effective in improving insulin sensitivity and strengthening hair and nails. But, its role in improving MS is new. The dose used in MS treatment is unrealistically high, like 300 mg. a day. The average intake of biotin is between 30 - 100 mcg. (not mg. but mcg.) To improve hair and nails, it is recommended to get 300 - 1,000 mcg. per day. Foods rich in biotin include: organ meats (liver & kidney), sunflower seeds, rice bran, green peas, lentils, peanuts, walnuts, barley, oatmeal, pecans, carrots, cauliflower, and mushrooms.

Thanks, Mr. Wiz, this is good to know. I'm always a little skeptical about emphasizing one of the B vitamins in isolation, since I envision it as putting out of balance the rest of the B complex. (Am I wrong?) However, I see no harm in increasing my intake of specific nutrients. I run out of organic liver from my own farm-raised critters since liver doesn't freeze well... and having had to give up sheepbreeding after 25 years, I no longer can get any kidneys. No barley for a diabetic either, but I can increase my intake of everything else on that list except peanuts. Just not a big peanut fan.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information