Thread: Striking With The Root: Turmeric, Cucurmin And Ulcerative Colitis

Default Striking With The Root: Turmeric, Cucurmin And Ulcerative Colitis

• Dr. Michael Greger
    • January 26, 2018

Despite evidence going back 40 years that the turmeric spice component curcumin possesses significant anti-inflammatory activity, it wasn’t until 2005 that it was first tested on inflammatory bowel disease. Why did it take so long? Well, who’s going to fund such a study? Big curry? Even without corporate backing, individual physicians from New York decided to ask the next five patients with ulcerative colitis who walked through their office doors to start curcumin supplements.
    “Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a debilitating, chronic, relapsing-remitting [i.e., it comes and goes] IBD [inflammatory bowel disease] that afflicts millions of individuals throughout the world and produces symptoms that impair quality of life and ability to function

Read more: https://www.care2.com/greenliving/st...e-colitis.html
    Last edited by Islander; 03-03-18 at 03:02 PM.

Default Re: Striking With The Root: Turmeric, Cucurmin And Ulcerative Colitis

A few years ago, I helped a relative suffering from complications of Chron's by suggesting she use curcumin. Her results were miraculous. Because curcumin is difficult to absorb, I recommended a highly absorbable "liposomal" type curcumin. One teaspoon, twice a day did the trick for her. Although I don't have Chron's or IBD problems, I take a teaspoon of liposomal curcumin 3 times per week because it's anti-inflammatory, and it's also been shown to remove heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium, aluminum, etc.).

Mr Wizard, did it actually cure the disease, or just relieve symptoms?

The liposomal curcumin alleviated almost all of the symptoms. After about 8 months using the liposomal curcumin, the internist was amazed at the progress, but did not pronounce her "cured." I encouraged my relative not to mention she was using curcumin. So, of course, the doc took all the credit. Lol.

Mr. Wiz, one of my patients has a severe case of Chrone's. Can you supply the brand name and/or other details?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information