Thread: How Statins Cause Heart Problems; Use These Natural Solutions Instead

Default How Statins Cause Heart Problems; Use These Natural Solutions Instead

Paul Fassa
    undated

In the past, some MDs have proposed that statin drugs should be put into our water supplies and handed out to fast food customers. As if fluoridated water posing as a necessary mass medicine that turns out to be toxic isn’t enough.
    One out of four Americans aged 55 or over are on a statin drug, most of whom are without cardiovascular and heart problems. Many are prescribed statins solely for high cholesterol, even as the FDA finally got around to forcing some, not all, of their side effects on statin labels and ads.
    Maybe Pfizer wasn’t content with their sales revenue of $140 billion while its patent on Lipitor was in effect. Now other pharmaceutical companies continue to rake in profits with their statin drug versions while MDs and cardiologists push them on ignorant middle-aged folks that think their doctors know best. Even many young people are now being scammed into taking a statin prescriptions due to an outdated attitude towards LDL vs. HDL levels.

Keep reading: http://realfarmacy.com/statin-scam-cholesterol/

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: How Statins Cause Heart Problems; Use These Natural Solutions Instead

Statins are a prime example of drugs that harm people. Showing us all, once again. that big pharma doesn't care if their drugs do harm, they only care about profit. I'm 70 and I take no pharmaceutical drugs, how rare is that?
    mitakuye oyasin na akita mani yo!

Default Re: How Statins Cause Heart Problems; Use These Natural Solutions Instead

Well, at 77 I'm a few years ahead of you on that road. But you're right, we're unusual.

I wanted to mention that I was surprised about the reference to calcium. From what I read and hear, doctors have been discouraging supplementing with calcium for years. Most of us get adequate calcium from our diet, both from dairy and from dark leafy greens. Too much calcium overwhelms the teeth and bones, so it must wander off in search of other places to live and ends up being deposited in our soft tissues and blood vessels, where it truly raises havoc.

I wonder if in the not-too-distant future statins well either carry a blackbox warning or be withdrawn from the market, like Vioxx was. I think most of our readers are familiar with the situation, but new folks come along regularly and it doesn't hurt to post a reminder.

[QUOTE=Islander;78763]. I was surprised about the reference to calcium........., doctors have been discouraging supplementing with calcium for years. .[/QUO]

That's interesting - when I was in hospital recently with a fractured hip the docs were pushing calcium, and were not happy that I disagreed with them.

I heard the announcement originally from a doctor, on national public radio, and that must've been 7 to 10 years ago. Sadly, in the face of new information and changing practices, sometimes doctors appear to be years behind, and the low-fat/cholesterol and statins myth is an excellent example.

Calcium supplementation is a tricky issue. I've supplemented calcium for decades because I have a very acidic diet. Meat, poultry, salmon & most seafood, oils, like "olive oil", nuts (esp. walnuts & peanuts), rice, all breads, etc. are all very acidic. These are staples in my everyday diet. Calcium helps to balance an acidic diet. Anyone who uses lots of oils (re: olive oil) and eat a "high protein" diet probably needs more calcium than they can get from green leafy veggies. This NIH study concluded that calcium along with a high protein diet actually improved "bone density."
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20717017 **The key to calcium supplementation is vit. K2, which directs any excess calcium back to the bones & teeth, and does not allow it to accumulate in soft tissue.

Just to prove that we're all different... my diet is much like yours, with plenty of veggies and without the grains and starches (and no sugars, of course). I do eat a fair bit of yogurt, cheeses and cream as well as those dark green leafies. I do not supplement with calcium. And my last bone density score made me appear to be a 30-year-old. (Of course I do garden in the nude in summer, filling my vitamin D tanks).

Thread Information