Thread: International scientists have found autism's cause. What will Americans do?

Default International scientists have found autism's cause. What will Americans do?

I was tempted to put this under "Breaking News" but caution prevailed. Nonetheless...
    - Admin

J.B. HANDLEY
    April 2, 2018

Five clear, replicable, and related discoveries explaining how autism is triggered have formed an undeniably clear picture of autism’s causation, and possibly ways to alleviate the symptoms, too. Most of the research that has created this understanding has been published in the last 36 months, and largely from international scientists in the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Israel, and China. The American media, public health authorities, and Autism Speaks? Silent.

STAFFORDSHIRE, England —Inearly December 2017, Dr. Chris Exley of Keele University in England and his colleagues published a paper that for the first time looked at the brain tissue of subjects with autism to determine the level of aluminum (note: they spell “aluminum” as “aluminium” in the United Kingdom) found within their brain tissue. For anyone trying to convince the world that “the science is settled and vaccines don’t cause autism,” the study’s findings are deeply contradictory to that statement. In a blog post written by Professor Exley on the day his study was published, he explained the groundbreaking results:

Keep reading: https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/2018/...ernational2018
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: International scientists have found autism's cause. What will Americans do?

According to the CDC, the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine does not contain aluminum. So, if true, I'm puzzled how the one vaccine (MMR) most often cited as causing autism--especially in black boys younger than 3 yrs. old--contains no aluminum. The title asks, "What Will Americans Do?" Well, judging from the recent appointment of Dr. Redfield as the new CDC head, the verdict is unknown. Some have accused Dr. Redfield of "science misconduct." On the other hand, Dr. Redfield, a former Univ. of Maryland professor and AIDS research expert, describes himself as a believer in "science" and evidence-based research. He also "strongly advocates" childhood vaccination. And believes the public needs to be better educated on the importance of childhood vaccinations. Oh well, at least his professed belief in "science" and evidence-based research provides a slither of hope. Read is acceptance speech here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.381e12ec793a

Default Re: International scientists have found autism's cause. What will Americans do?

That's strange. The WaPo is usually paywalled for me, but I was able to read the article. This chap sounds like the real deal, someone fully qualified to lead the agency to which he is being appointed. I'm optimistic, although his stress on childhood vaccines is a bit troubling. Time will tell. At least he has a sense of humor.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Keeping my fingers crossed because CDC plays such a vital role in public health. Would really be great to get a leader who truly believes in "science." Some of the recent stories about the CDC have been troubling.

Thread Information