Thread: Plans To Release Entire Fukushima Waste Into Ocean Confirmed By Tepco

Default Plans To Release Entire Fukushima Waste Into Ocean Confirmed By Tepco

No author cited
    Thursday, July 20, 2017

Tepco has confirmed it plans to release the radioactive material from the Fukushima plant into the ocean saying that the “decision has already been made”. The decision has an upset local fisherman who says the decision will kill their industry as a result of a massive loss of sea life.

Under the controversial plan, which could be a massive environmental disaster, the radioactive material tritium, which is being used to cool reactors whose cooling systems were damaged in 2011 tsunami, will now be released into the ocean.

rt.com reports: "I'm very sorry that Tepco has been prolonging making a decision," the new chairman of Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings (TEPCO) Takashi Kawamura told reporters on Thursday, reported Reuters. "We could have decided much earlier, and that is Tepco's responsibility."

Read more:
    https://www.social-consciousness.com...tepco.html?m=1
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Plans To Release Entire Fukushima Waste Into Ocean Confirmed By Tepco

So this article was almost a year ago. I should research to find out if they actually have done this.

Default Re: Plans To Release Entire Fukushima Waste Into Ocean Confirmed By Tepco

According to the Jan. 11, 2018 edition of Japan Times, a decision to release the contaminated water into the ocean will be made sometime later in 2018.

Thanks for finding that for us, Mr. Wiz. I read elsewhere that by 2050, all ocean life will be extinct. We will very likely follow. The end of an age. Hard to believe we so completely sullied our own nest.

I've seen the predictions of ocean life extinction by 2050. But--you know I'm the "eternal optimist"--so I believe we'll avoid this. Why? Because the 2050 date is based on "continued overfishing." According to the Environmental Defense Fund (ww.edf.org), overfishing is the biggest threat and primary driver of marine life extinction in 2050. Here's another great source that predicts we have until the year 2100 before our oceans go extinct.
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...-will-be-wrong

That's an excellent in-depth article, Mr. Wizard. Given that none of these environmental changes is linear, even the best predictions (by "best" I mean most detailed and comprehensive) are bound to be inexact. Just the very thought of our oceans going "extinct" is shattering.

Agree. Oceans going extinct IS shattering. I'm also following, with great interest, the lack of serious efforts to address increasing worldwide air pollution and "agricultural soil pollution."

The Chinese have made major inroads in curbing air pollution, which is not only a threat to their urban dwellers but is carried by the prevailing winds to our shores. I'm hopeful that whoever follows the incumbent in the White House will be able to reverse some of the environmental regulations that have been relaxed by executive order.

A relative who lives in South Korea told me recently the "yellow dust" from China is making lots of people on the Korean peninsula sick. It's worse this year than ever. Many citizens wear mask when they venture outside. You're right, the pollution is carried to our shores, as well.

I just finished reading the Vice article on the oceans at 2100. They mention CO2 rising from 400 ppm (present) to 800 ppm by 2100. I can assure you that at that level, the wet bulb effect of high temperatures will wipe us out before the oceans drown us.

Thread Information