Thread: Stevia Kills Lyme Disease Pathogen Better Than Antibiotics, Study Confirms

Default Stevia Kills Lyme Disease Pathogen Better Than Antibiotics, Study Confirms

June 11, 2017
    No author cited

With summer upon us the risk of encountering ticks, the pesky critters responsible for the spread of Lyme disease is on the rise.
    Lyme disease is an insidious and complicated disease to treat, both for the allopathic medical world and alternative medical practitioners, due to its rapid shape-shifting abilities.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), roughly 300,000 people have diagnosed with Lyme disease each year in the United States alone. While ticks exist in half of all US counties, Lyme disease cases are concentrated in the Northeast and upper Midwest, with 14 states accounting for over 96% of cases reported to CDC.

Keep reading: https://www.healthspiritbody.com/lym...ase-treatment/

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Stevia Kills Lyme Disease Pathogen Better Than Antibiotics, Study Confirms

Interesting that cases are concentrated in the Northeast & upper Midwest. Surprised to see Pennsylvania & Massachusetts as top 2 states for reported cases, roughly 7,500 and 5300, respectively. (2014 CDC data). As best I could decipher, earlier springs and longer falls, combined with increasingly wetter weather are all major contributors to the rise. Perhaps it's time to purchase some stevia stock??

Default Re: Stevia Kills Lyme Disease Pathogen Better Than Antibiotics, Study Confirms

Several situations account for the high incidence of Lyme in specific locales. Pennsylvania apparently has no deer control measures in place (contrast Maine, where the population is managed by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, mainly by issuing a specific number of any-deer permits and antlers-only permits). Anyone who has driven across interstate 80 in Pennsylvania has seen herds of deer on any open field, and deer carcasses in the ditches alongside the highway right across the state. They are a nuisance animal and homeowners tear out their hair at the damage the animals do to home landscaping.

And... Plum Island, off Long Island, is the center of a theory that Lyme disease was created there as part of the military's program on biological warfare. "While the center was run by the United States Department of Agriculture, in 2002 during talks of selling the island it was transferred to the United States Department of Homeland Security.
    "The reason some believe Lyme disease escaped Plum Island is because the island is located just a few miles off the coast of Lyme, Connecticut, which is where the first outbreak of Lyme was observed in 1975. While scientists say that all animals on the island are killed to prevent the possible spread of diseases, conspiracy theorists argue that birds regularly fly between the island and the mainland and thus are able to spread any diseases they may pick up." (https://sites.newpaltz.edu/ticktalk/...randa-dumitru/)

The tick population has moved rapidly north through Maine. Ten years ago the sight of a tick was rare; now we pick them off our pets and ourselves on a regular basis. I've been bitten twice, and because I live alone I hung a full length mirror on my bedroom door so I could inspect my back for livestock before bed. Until they bite, you can't feel them, and they often hide in hair and will even crawl into ears. Ticks are one reason why I no longer allow the cats to sleep on my bed. The large ones aren't too hart to spot, but deer ticks are the Lyme carriers and you won't see them on your pets; they're the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We're thrilled that there are no poisonous snakes in Maine... who ever envisioned killer insects?

Thanks for finding that, Mr. Wizard. I'm paywalled from the PPH.

I think climate change is the most likely explanation for the increase... but who really knows?

Veteran Member

I don't know what stevia costs in the US and other places, but my husband just told me yesterday that a tiny bottle costs the equivalent of 20 US dollars and fifty cents here. We've never bought any.
    Last edited by Pattypans; 04-21-18 at 10:31 AM.

That "tiny bottle" is about $12 here, but it will make more sense if you realize that it takes only a single drop or two at a time, so a bottle lasts a long time. I only buy the liquids to flavor yogurt or coffee so a bottle might last a year. Usually I buy a box of 80 packets; each packet = 2 tsp. of sugar. $5.00. Again, that lasts me a very long time.

I must have had my bottle of Stevia at least two years. I use it every day in tea and coffee. Over time it is not expensive at all.

Patty, can you buy supplements etc from the US? We don't have a very good exchange rate in Oz ATM, but I still save a lot, especially when iherb has free shipping if you spend $50. Easy to do when you order three or four items.

Thread Information