Thread: Lack of circulation

Default Lack of circulation

Hey,

I am a mother of two. I work as a technical assistant and I have tons of work to do. I have no idea how I manage my life both at home and at the office. I have lost circulation in my right arm. I have been enduring this condition for a while now. I don't how this happened in the first place. I am a very healthy person. Ever since this happened, I can't drive at times, can't cook etc. Work is putting a lot of pressure on me as well. My hands just go numb at times. Is there anything that I can do?

Veteran Member

Default Re: Lack of circulation

Lucy, is there some position your right arm has to be in a lot at work that might be causing this? I wonder if a good (recommended by someone you trust, for example) chiropractor might be able to both get at the root of the problem and help remedy it. It would be worth looking into, in my opinion.

Hi,I did try physio and it did not work out much. I guess juggling between work and home has put a lot of pressure on me and this is how the body shows signs of near shut down. Well, after plenty of discussions with my family and mentors, I decided to try out the reflexology treatment from Oakville. As I mentioned earlier, I have lost circulation in my right arm. I find it even hard to lift my little ones. I have heard that people with loss of circulation in their arms and legs have found great relief after trying out reflexology. So hopefully, I will also find some relief. Many of my swimming team members have tried this out and have achieved great results, so I decided to give it a shot as well. What do you guys think? I have never tried any sort of massage therapy in my life. This is going to be my first, so it is kind of a big thing. Have anyone tried this treatment? Have you achieved good results? Kindly share your views and experiences. It would make me feel more confident and prepared.

Lucy, I can't speak for reflexology since I'm not acquainted with it. However, I've tried massage therapy for a knee problem and I was referred to physical therapy for hip pain that turned out to be referred pain from my lower back. Both treatments have helped a great deal, so I keep an open mind about this sort of thing, including chiropractic. Let us know whether it helps!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I have success with "foot" reflexology, which relieved a pinched nerve in my hip developed during my younger martial arts days. To lose circulation in an arm or a leg sounds like a pinched nerve, which can happen when muscle or bone presses against a nerve, resulting from stress from the way you position your neck, shoulder, or arm at work in a repetitive position. When you mention your "swim team members," I wondered if you may have a sports injury from an awkward positioning of your arm while swimming. Bottom line: I think the reflexology may help because it should reveal if you have a pinched nerve in your neck or shoulder, which could affect the circulation to your arm. Please keep us posted on your results.

I met a very down-to-earth Scottish lady last year who swears by reflexology for almost anything. I must try it someday, as there is one not too far from here that she recommended.

Veteran Member

I agree with what everyone here has said, Lucy. And I can't think of any way it could harm you, unless you count the money you paid for it if it doesn't work.

As a professional massage therapist/manual therapist, I feel it is my duty to butt in here. If you have normal color in your arm you still have "circulation" of blood and lymph. Very likely the problem is neural - perhaps a nerve being compressed by bone, tendon or muscle. I don't know where you live so can't refer you to anyone specifically, however, you can search by zip code for someone who has had Neural Manipulation training (NM2 especially) at www.barralinstitute.com .. NMT is very science based - following nerve pathways, and manipulating the nerves directly. It is extremely effective when nerves are impacted.

more recently, I've had training in Neural Reset Therapy (NRT), which you can read about at www.neuralreset.net ... NRT is quite new ~ 5 years, but continues to amaze me (and clients) by the rapid results. There isn't a directory of people who have had this training (yet), so your best bet is to contact all the instructors to see if they have had students where you live. I've got the advanced class coming up in September (in Tucson) so expect to take the exams to get certified.

I've learned that one therapy does not solve all the problems. Each person is different. What is best is to have a variety of tools and pull out the one or two or even three. If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

my 2 cents, Sherry

Thank you for speaking up, Sherry. These forums are not merely about educating; they're also about sharing experiences and knowledge and supporting each other. I've learned as much from other members as I have from the articles and studies.

Welcome to HH! Please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members forum!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Lucy,this may be of interest.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/medical-cannabis-superior-opioids-chronic-pain-study-finds

From partway down:
    Neuropathy is a type of chronic pain that presents as tingling and numbness in the hands and feet, often due to nerve damage from complications of cancer or diabetes, among other causes. A 2017 meta-analysis of prior studies on neuropathy found that cannabis, particularly selected isolates called cannabinoids, can provide analgesic benefit in patients with chronic neuropathy. Cannabis can also be used as an adjunct to other pain therapies, potentially lowering the amount of dangerous synthetic medication that is required to relieve pain.

Thread Information