Thread: A Daily Dose Of Turmeric Boosts Your Memory And Improves Mood

Default A Daily Dose Of Turmeric Boosts Your Memory And Improves Mood

GreenMedInfo Research Group
    May 25th 2018

A new study sheds light on the powerful neuroprotective properties of curcumin, the active ingredient in everyone’s favorite yellow spice. A twice-daily dose of this natural supplement led to a nearly 30% improvement in memory and a boost in mood for adults suffering from mild memory loss

It has become commonly accepted that the bright yellow spice, turmeric. is one of the world’s most potent medicinal plants. Championed by sports and fitness enthusiasts for its anti-inflammatory properties, stories abound of athletes making the switch from post-workout pain-relievers to daily curcumin supplementation—allowing them to avoid countless negative side effects of NSAIDs. Curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric, is responsible for its bold, yellow hue. A powerful antioxidant, curcumin is one of several compounds called curcuminoids that possess potent medicinal properties. These biologically active micronutrients do more than ward-off inflammation; they have been studied for their role in the prevention of degenerative diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and dementia.

Read more: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/dai...-improves-mood
    Last edited by Islander; 06-06-18 at 08:55 AM.

Default Re: A Daily Dose Of Turmeric Boosts Your Memory And Improves Mood

I recommended curcumin to my kid brother who is suffering from sciatica. The pharmaceutical pain pills weren't doing the job, and he was afraid to ask the doc to up his meds due to the whole "opioid addiction scare" thing. The curcumin capsules, which also included some bosweilla (frankincense), worked overnight. I'm a big believer in curcumin for pain.

Mr Wizard, what dose did he take? I take cucurmin caps every day and I'm not sure they are helping with arthritis pain. Though of course, maybe it would be worse without them!

I take a 300 mg. capsule of curcumin every other day to fight normal inflammation. For sciatica it's an entirely different story. My brother completely stopped taking the pharmaceuticals and relied only on the curcumin capsules for his pain. So, we had to really up the dosage. The capsules I recommended were 900 mg. each, and he worked himself up to 3 per day. The capsules contain other stuff too. For example, there was a blend of boswellia, curcumin, turmeric essential oil, and nattokinase.
    Here's a link to the product I recommended: https://www.terrynaturallyvitamins.c...xtra-strength/

Mine has 665mg, and I take one a day, so a big difference. This could be a very expensive exercise, as the exchange rate is around $1AU to 75cents US. And as it doesn't make any claims that it cures, just relieves pain, it would be an ongoing expense! ATM I take a mix of one Paracetamol and one Ibuprofen at night if necessary - no other medications. I think I'll have to stick to that. I have a stronger pain relief if I need it, as a backup. Usually I manage during the day without any meds.

I am allowed to start physotherapy again next week, and I'm hoping that will help. I have been inactive other than walking around since I damaged tendons in my hip a while ago (this after hip replacement), so I've probably become a bit stiff.

Here is the Biotech circumin I purchase from my integrative doctor, taken together with some other natural remedies, for my prostate problem: https://www.camformulas.com/Curcumin...otech-1022.htm

Thread Information