Thread: Monsanto invests over $100 million to change the DNA of every plant we use for food

Default Monsanto invests over $100 million to change the DNA of every plant we use for food

Lori Alton
    May 24, 2018

(Naturalhealth365) Monsanto, ‘the most hated corporation in America,’ plans to take the science of genetic manipulation to a whole new level. According to a March 27 article in Business Insider, the agrichemical giant has joined forces with Pairwise Plants – a California start-up company helmed by a pair of Harvard scientists – and plans to invest a whopping $100 million in a form of gene-editing technology.
    While the new technology, known as CRISPR, is being hailed by some as a way to correct genetic diseases, many natural health advocates question its safety – and whether our food is an appropriate target for gene-editing.
    Three days after the collaboration was announced, a published study showing that CRISPR induced unexpected mutations in mice was retracted. The timing is highly suspicious, to say the least – especially in light of Monsanto’s long and disgraceful history of suppressing damaging research.

Read more: https://www.naturalhealth365.com/mon...#disqus_thread

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Monsanto invests over $100 million to change the DNA of every plant we use for fo

This post has been moved to a new location because it was an unrelated topic.
    - Islander, Admin.
    Last edited by Islander; 06-11-18 at 11:21 AM.

Default Re: Monsanto invests over $100 million to change the DNA of every plant we use for fo

Ora, could you explain the connection between the Monsanto post and yours? I can't see one.

Veteran Member

Julieanne there is no connection, however since I've had problems posting new threads I've just resorted to posting in existing threads that seems to work better.

Oh, OK.

But it's not ok, Ora, for several reasons. These are important items and they are buried in a different topic where they won't be seen, or found if one is searching for them. You may have had confusing experiences posting when the site was messed up, but now all is good and there should be no problems. I even sent you specific instructions on how to do it; you've already demonstrated that you know how to post... you just need to decide on a forum and report it there. If I think it belongs in another forum I can relocate it and still keep your avatar. If I have to move it (both of them) myself, you will lose your identity since my avatar will automatically stick to them. I want you to have credit for these posts, Ora, so please just do it.

Veteran Member

Well pardon me, maybe I should just go away? Drastic I know, but it doesn't take much to despair... just don't assume you know me or how I'll react, that is the lesson I learned from Mr Bourdain. And no, I'm not and never been suicidal, life is too precious to worry about small potatos.

American Association of Suicidology
    http://www.suicidology.org/

Let me know if there's any way I can help anyone here, to me that is life's greatest reward and that's why I bother to post. And btw, I don't give a flying about getting credit.
    Last edited by Ora Moose; 06-08-18 at 06:45 PM.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Ora. I'm sorry you choose to be offended by a well-meaning recommendation. It's bedtime for me now, but if you prefer not to move your posts, I shall have to do it myself tomorrow.

Thread Information