Thread: Publish Suppressed Review That Proves Homeopathy Works Groups Demand

Default Publish Suppressed Review That Proves Homeopathy Works Groups Demand

Bryan Hubbard
    July 4 2018

Health groups are campaigning for the release of a suppressed review that found solid scientific evidence to prove homeopathy works for a range of health conditions.

The report was never published and was instead replaced by a new review that concluded that homeopathy was ineffective, and any benefits were purely down to the placebo effect. "There are no health conditions for which there is reliable evidence that homeopathy is effective," Australia's National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) concluded in its second review, which was released in 2015.

But a first review had been commissioned by the same group in 2012, and this had been favourable to homeopathy. The evaluation process had been scientific and sound, as Prof Fred Mendelsohn, a member of NHMRC's expert committee that oversaw the review process, had declared. "I am impressed by the rigour, thoroughness and systematic approach given to this (the first review) evaluation. Overall, a lot of excellent work has gone into this review and the results are presented in a systematic, unbiased and convincing manner," he said.

Read more: https://www.wddty.com/news/2018/07/p...=1530781370560

Default Re: Publish Suppressed Review That Proves Homeopathy Works Groups Demand

So, 171 studies showing homeopathy was effective were discarded for 5 studies that showed it wasn't. This would be laughable if not so clearly dishonest.

Default Re: Publish Suppressed Review That Proves Homeopathy Works Groups Demand

We need a weeping smiley.
    At one time I thought the whole concept of homeopathy was laughable. Dilute a quantity of water until not a molecule of the original medication was left — then bottle that empty water as a cure? Buwahahaha!
    Then I learned that they work on animals, which do not have the placebo effect. I began to question.
    But what changed my mind was a remedy I mail-ordered that worked astonishingly well. It worked so well, in fact, that one day I made a point of reading the fine print on the label. Yup, turned out it was homeopathic. Overnight I became a believer. I don't pretend to understand ("water has a memory"?) I just know it works.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

The fact that homeopathy works on animals and babies - even plants - doesn't convince the naysayers. On the topic of homeopathy, for some reason people get quite angry and start ranting about placebos and rip offs. I don't know why it causes such an emotional reaction.

Why should anyone else care about what I take and how I spend my money? Would they lecture me about other aspects of my life?

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    Why should anyone else care about what I take and how I spend my money? Would they lecture me about other aspects of my life?
    Julieanne, you really have hit the nail on the head. For some reason (follow the money), some people become very concerned about how I as an individual spend or waste my money when it comes to my food, nutritional supplements, and homeopathic remedies. Nobody is concerned about my wasting my money on flimsy fashion items, poorly constructed gadgets, and other frivolous consumer goods.

I often wish there was a "like" button on this site site, the way there is on Facebook! Really, why are so many people so ready to criticize the lifestyles of others? It's no one else's business!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information