Thread: Probiotics Could Reverse Colon Cancer

Default Probiotics Could Reverse Colon Cancer

Bryan Hubbard
    September 2017

Colon cancer could be reversed just with probiotics that change the gut's bacteria—and the disease can be prevented in the first place by eating whole grains, such as brown rice and whole-wheat bread, every day, two new research studies have found.
    In a breakthrough study that could herald in a new drugs-free approach to treating colon cancer, researchers have discovered that sufferers lack certain enzymes known as metabolites, simple 'building-block' compounds, in their gut, and this can cause inflammation and cancer.

But using probiotics to reintroduce the enzymes into the gut prevents the disease and could even reverse it, say researchers from the Texas Children's Hospital.

Read more: https://www.wddty.com/news/2017/09/p...enews_06072018

Default Re: Probiotics Could Reverse Colon Cancer

Interesting: this is the same strain, L.reuteri 6475, that is mentioned in another article on bone health. https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...9739#post79739

But, it is patented by the makers of Gastrus. Another strain of lactobacillus, L.casei Shirota, is patented by the makers of Yakult. You are able to purchase Gastrus, which is just L.reuteri 6475, but you are not able to purchase L.casei Shirota alone - you must buy Yakult. How is it possible to patent live organisms?

Gastrus is available from iherb, but at around $36 AU for 30 tabs is pretty expensive. This man claims he is able to multiply the probiotics count by making yogurt, which I guess would lower the cost.

https://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2018/...reuteri-yogurt
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Week Ago at 12:08 AM.

Having read Wheat Belly and Grain Brain (and having read the ingredients on loaves of bread), I daresay I'd risk colon cancer over wheat bread.
    OTOH, I'm already a colon cancer survivor so I guess the issue is moot. To reply to an earlier post of Ora Moose's, Yes — I have a semi-colon.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I'm sure gut health is important for the prevention of colon cancer. Not convinced that eating brown rice and whole wheat bread is the sole answer to preventing colon cancer. I understand that a daily diet heavy with red meat that is fried at high temperatures or cooked over charcoals is a major contributor to colon cancer. Not sure a little brown rice and a couple slices of whole wheat bread with my 16 0z. charcoal cooked steak would do much to prevent problems with my colon.

"16 0z. charcoal cooked steak"? That's a lot of meat Mr Wizard! Probably three or four day's worth for me. And I agree, you don't need brown rice and ww bread for fibre, you can get plenty from vegetables. Though that advice is probably intended for the white rice and white bread eaters.

"To reply to an earlier post of Ora Moose's, Yes — I have a semi-colon." Oh yeah, I now recall you lectured me about semi-colon abuse on two separate occasions. :-)
    Last edited by grulla; 1 Week Ago at 10:47 AM.

Grulla, I meant literally. They relieved me of a fairly large section of my colon and the nearby lymph nodes.
    Randyfast on mercola.com makes me crazy with his semi-colon abuse. Having been recently banned for the 4th time, I'm now reluctant to criticize anyone.

@Mr. Wizard: I echo Julieanne's reaction. A pound of steak = 4 servings for me! Of course, I'm not a big burly man, and I'm also blessed/cursed with a thrifty metabolism. I do know some men who think a pound of steak is a perfectly normal meal.

In my younger days, I would think nothing of consuming a 16 oz. peppercorn steak without blinking. Now, I consume very little red meat, and when I do, 8 oz. is my top limit.

Now, Mr. Wizard, that's more like what I expected to hear from you, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Grulla, I meant literally. They relieved me of a fairly large section of my colon and the nearby lymph nodes.
    Randyfast on mercola.com makes me crazy with his semi-colon abuse. Having been recently banned for the 4th time, I'm now reluctant to criticize anyone.
    I have a reasonably good memory recall, "Islander" and am being literal as well. I'm in the same doghouse with Randy having been lectured by you about semicolon abuse. And secondly, how many times have you scolded me about colon exams. Having done cleaning and cleansing for the past 30 years with a converted auxiliary kitchen hose bidet, I feel reasonably safe about colon problems, as I have the cleanest colon west of the Mississippi River, lol, but time will tell.
    Last edited by grulla; 1 Week Ago at 06:41 AM.

You can be quite sure that I never lectured Randyfast or anyone else on grammar; I'm not the word police. I corrected you in private conversations only because you write well and I thought you should be clear on how to use them. I actually praised someone on Facebook yesterday for using the correct wording on an old proverb that I have been hearing misspoken for at least 20 years. People have been saying, "The proof is in the pudding," which is meaningless nonsense. The actual proverb: "The proof of the pudding is in the eating," the truth of which is obvious. It's probably ancient enough to be referring to plum pudding, if not to actual sausage (e.g. black pudding, white pudding).

grulla, I might regret asking this, but "converted auxiliary kitchen hose bedit"? Do you mean you do your own colon cleansing? What does 'bedit' mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    grulla, I might regret asking this, but "converted auxiliary kitchen hose bedit"? Do you mean you do your own colon cleansing? What does 'bedit' mean?
    Thanks Julieanne, typo corrected, it's "bidet", not "bedit". Yes, I,ve been using that commonly available and easily replaceable kitchen hose attached to the side of the toilet for over 30 years. It sure saves a lot on T-paper, but some is still needed for mild cleaning as well as drying.

Back in the mid eighties, I relocated from N.E. PA to the desert southwest to pursue the railroad telecom industry for a career. Instead of trapping myself with another house and mortgage, I invested in a vintage 33' 1974 Silver Streak RV travel trailer/caravanUK (example pic http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverst...r%20Streak.php ) as a small mobile home, which gave me great flexibility in job relocating, and is still my abode to this day.

This vintage S.S. RV (caravan) came equipped with an auxiliary kitchen hose, attached to the water pipe at the base of the trapdoor toilet (for cleaning the bowl), which has always been my bidet. It's a throw-away plastic variety, easily available at most hardware stores. and the cost is very reasonable. http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...uctId=22388556 The traveling trapdoor toilet and holding tank has been replaced by a conventional flush toilet, while retaining the bidet hose.

I've been using this bidet for over 30 years now for both cleaning and light colonal irrigation cleansing as well. I still have to use a small amount of T-paper for cleaning, as well as drying. And if the T-paper is minimally dirty, it is tossed into the garbage pail to help save septic tank and leach field abuse, but (rarely) if too muddy, it gets flushed.

Extreme caution needs to be exercised when using the bidet for cleansing to avoid any internal injury. Water pressure needs to be kept low in the plumbing, and also allowing a lot of water leakage around the anal engagement. The hose trigger also permits varying the bidet hose water pressure. Approach slowly and cautiously.

Last edited by grulla; 1 Week Ago at 07:31 AM.

"I corrected you in private conversations only because you write well and..." My apologies. And compliments will get you everywhere. :-)
    Last edited by grulla; 1 Week Ago at 10:41 AM.

Thread Information