Thread: When Blueberries And Grapes Are Combined, A Dramatic Decline In Memory Loss

Default When Blueberries And Grapes Are Combined, A Dramatic Decline In Memory Loss

Andy Corbley
    August 19 2018

Most people have heard that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” – but this new body of research suggests that eating grapes and blueberries together can have a dramatic effect on your brain power.
    Past scientific studies have indicated that supplementing one’s diet with polyphenol-rich fruits and vegetables such as grapes and acai berries may help forestall age-related physical declines. Exclusively plant-based compounds, they include familiar ones such as tannins and flavonoids.

Read more: https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/dram...apes-combined/

Default Re: When Blueberries And Grapes Are Combined, A Dramatic Decline In Memory Loss

I certainly believe in "optimized preventive nutrition," and I often eat one or both of these fruits — but not on the same day! Even here in the wild blueberry state, fresh organic ones can be pricey, and it's hard to find organic grapes here in Maine.
    Also, the mice received extracts. I wonder how much more intense or concentrated these were, compared to servings of fruit.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: When Blueberries And Grapes Are Combined, A Dramatic Decline In Memory Loss

Good point! I missed that. I read today that there is a glut of blueberries in Maine and they are way down in price. I'll see if I still have that article. Something about competition with cultivated berries? Oops! I forgot - I already sent it to you!

We don't have wild berries here, and cultivated ones are really pricey, around $12+ lb.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Week Ago at 11:56 AM.

Very informative. Clearly, the syngergistic effects of combined foods and combined supplements yield better results than a single food or single vitamin alone. Like, combining fat soluble vits. A, E, D, & K at the same time yields much better benefits than consuming any one of these vits. alone. Problem is...it is almost impossible to know without scientific studies like this one. To Islander's point, the extracts used in these studies almost always are many, many times concentrated than one would receive in a single serving of fruit. This helps to explain the value, necessity of supplementation.

I have to smile at Julie. I travel to the blueberry barrens every August to bring back a group order of fresh organic wild blueberries. This year we paid $3/lb. for a 5-lb.box, $2.80 for a 10-lb. one. Eat your heart out!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

" Eat your heart out!" But I can buy local avocados, mangoes, loquats and bananas, all at reasonable prices! Ha!

Thread Information