Thread: How WHOLE Turmeric Heals The Damaged Brain

Default How WHOLE Turmeric Heals The Damaged Brain

Sayer Ji
    October 1 2014

Long considered impossible to accomplish, new research reveals how a simple spice might contribute to the regeneration of the damaged brain.

Turmeric is hands down one of the, if not the, most versatile healing spice in the world with over 600 experimentally confirmed health benefits, and an ancient history filled with deep reverence for its seemingly compassionate power to alleviate human suffering.

But, most of the focus over the past decade has been centered on only one of its many hundreds of phytocompounds: namely, the primary polyphenol in turmeric known as curcumin which gives the spice its richly golden hue.

Read more: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/how...amaged-brain-1

Veteran Member

Default Re: How WHOLE Turmeric Heals The Damaged Brain

Full disclosure: So far (it's Friday night and I'm on my second--and last--strongish beer), I haven't read the article--only the headline. It doesn't surprise me (after all, the more natural and whole, the better, almost always), and my guess is it's probably true. My question is: Has anybody here found a more-or-less reasonably palatable/almost yummy way to ingest WHOLE turmeric? No matter how long I BOIL/simmer it (in a soup, for example, where the chicken has to be very tender for my taste), even small pieces of turmeric root never really fully soften. I can handle it, but I don't really relish a crunch is a nice comfy chicken soup with veggies. Any tips? Please forgive the all-caps words. I'm not shouting. I'm just vociferating my frustration. And the almost two longnecks.

Sorry, I can't help. Actual turmeric root is only available from one natural food store in the area, an 80-mile RT for me, and it's very pricey. A thought: have you tried grating it?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Turmeric root grows plentifully around here, so I use it in many cooked dishes. Usually I just chop it up into quite fine pieces, then sauté the pieces along with onion and ginger either in butter or in coconut oil. It does turn everything into its own color, but after all the other ingredients are added and cooked together, I do not notice any hard pieces. I think that a lot depends upon how finely it is minced prior to stir frying.

Thread Information