Thread: Correction: EPA-Radiation Rollback story

Default Correction: EPA-Radiation Rollback story

By ELLEN KNICKMEYER
    October 3, 2018

WASHINGTON (AP) — In an early version of a story Oct. 2 about EPA regulation of radiation, The Associated Press reported erroneously in a headline that EPA says a little radiation may be good for you. As the story made clear, that assessment came from scientific outliers, including one quoted by EPA in a news release. The headline was changed in later versions of the story.
    A corrected version of the story is below:
    Experts say Trump’s EPA moving to loosen radiation limits
    Experts say Trump’s EPA is moving to loosen radiation limits

Read the article here: https://apnews.com/6a573b6b020e453c90ecd5e84aa23f57

Default Re: Correction: EPA-Radiation Rollback story

Well this is disconcerting. I was hospitalized two years ago for an excruciatingly painful intestinal obstruction. It took seven emergency admissions, four days each, to find the blockage which the docs knew was there, but which tests could not locate. In addition to various diagnostic tests, I had two CT scans and multiple x-rays every single time. On the 8th admission they finally located it, after which my rural hospital sent me to a city hospital for surgery.
    Now, I'm already a colon cancer survivor. I refuse to accept that I could experience a second episode. I probably get more radiation from eating tuna than from those x-rays, right? So although this information is good to know, I have better things to worry about!

P.S. I'll bet there are some readers too young to remember shoe stores. Yes, there were once stores that sold only shoes... where you sat in a comfy chair while a salesman gave you personal attention, where you tried on shoe after shoe until you found just the perfect pair. And there was a special machine to check the fit. You stepped up, put your feet in the slot, peered down and saw your foot bones inside the shoe. For many of us, that was our first "exposure" to x-rays. Of course, back in the 1940s no one was aware of the cumulative damage from exposure to radiation. Those machines are just a memory today!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information