Thread: Taking Calcium Supplements Causes Brain Lesions

Default Taking Calcium Supplements Causes Brain Lesions

Sayer Ji
    October 1 2018

Taking calcium supplements -- even at low doses -- linked to brain lesions in the first study of its kind.

Most calcium supplements are just plain bad news. The idea of taking calcium in pill or tablet form to "keep the bones strong" just doesn't make that much sense given, first, that we are designed to get our calcium from food. Second, our bone is a living tissue, which requires vitamin C, amino acids, magnesium, silica, vitamins D and K, etc., not to mention regular physical activity, just as much as it does calcium. Taking calcium to the exclusion of these other critical factors doesn't make sense; nor does it make sense to look at osteoporosis or osteopenia (a misleading term) as a deficiency of calcium supplements!

Read more: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/tak...-brain-lesions

Default Re: Taking Calcium Supplements Causes Brain Lesions

Funny, I posted this on Facebook earlier today. Well-informed doctors advised against supplementing with calcium years ago. Our bones and teeth get all the calcium they need from our diets, as long as we are consuming dairy products and dark leafy greens, and the excess is deposited in soft tissue where it can become dangerous. Just ask Grulla!
    Among other things, when cholesterol comes along and pastes over blood vessel walls that have become cracked and damaged, calcium tends to stick and aggregate over that patch, narrowing the vessel channel until you have an ischemic event. The trouble is... too much misinformation on line, and too many busy doctors who don't make time to keep up with progress.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

When I fractured my hip last year the docs insisted on giving me calcium tabs, and sent me home with some. They were scornful of my arguments, and it was little old me against them! When you don't have the evidence in front of you it's hard to get them to listen. If I can find the name of the consultant I should print out this article and send it to him. As the study is from the British Journal of Nutrition he should pay attention!
    Last edited by Julieanne; 10-02-18 at 05:57 AM.

"Our bones and teeth get all the calcium they need from our diets, as long as we are consuming dairy products and dark leafy greens, and the excess is deposited in soft tissue where it can become dangerous. Just ask Grulla!"

Actually, due to appx 60% carotid artery blockage calcification and amaurosis fugax of the left eye, and a brief ishemic stroke of the right eye resulting in a tiny blind spot in the 5 o'clock position due to OVERindulging in decalcification supplements, not to mention floaters, I have given up 85% of most all dairy, especially all those home made frozen yogurts that I used to make and consumed daily, using a Wynter Sno ice cream machine. Giving up all that dairy has made my left eye amurosis fugax, one minute blind left eye event cease an desist, and no amauosis for more than a year now.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/amaurosis-fugax

Quality, store bought, full fat plain yogurt may be a good probiotic, but it lacks any significant Vit K2 for good calcium placement. What little dairy I consume anymore has to have significant Vit K, high fat content, and low calcium content. When I read from other forum posters that dairy (milk) is for the newborne, I now tend to agree. Also, beside the limited above mentioned dairy, I allow for leafy greens such as cabbage and organic spinach to supply my calcium needs.
    Last edited by grulla; 10-02-18 at 12:40 PM.

grulla, "OVERindulging in decalcification supplements". I'm not sure what you mean.

"I'm not sure what you mean." Before last December, 2017, I was taking 2 nattokinase, 2 serrapeptase, and 3 EDTAs (7) per day of these various calcification plaque busters. Apparently that resulted in a tiny piece of arterial plaque breaking loose and lodging in the right eye causing a small blind spot in the 5 o'clock position (ishemic stroke). Now I have reduced those plaque busters to only two per day.

My ophthalmologist gave me a "twinkling star" test to map out the damage area in the right eye, back in Jan. and then again in July. The last test showed some improvement over the first test, as I do notice more light and vision shining through, but suspect there will always be a little permanent damage. I already wear low refractive index reading glasses (R.I. 1.5) to help camoflage my floaters and it also works the same for that small dark spot in the right eye 5 oclock position.

I think Grulla misunderstands the nature of the antifibrinogins. Nattokinase and serrapeptase are antifibrinogin and antiatherothrombotic enzymes. They act to dissolve blood clots and other fibrous masses, like scar tissue and arterial plaque. They have no particular attraction to calcium except as it may adhere to cholesterol in blood vessels. The plaque that broke loose and lodged in his eye is a signal that he was, with the best of intentions, attempting to prevent congestion in blood vessels with a rather excessive overdose of these enzymes.
    I'm not sure what he means by "3 EDTAs... per day." EDTA is a chelation therapy to remove heavy metals, generally done with a doctor's supervision. It will bind to calcium but is generally used to target metals like lead and mercury poisoning; it's administered via IV so I'm unclear as to what 3 a day actually means. In any case, this collection of self-administered remedies is (with all respect to Grulla) a good example of "if some is good, more is better." One nattokinase or one serrapeptase daily (the latter is slightly faster acting but more expensive) is enough to safely manage arterial plaque.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information