Thread: New breakthrough treatments for heart failure offer hope for millions

Default New breakthrough treatments for heart failure offer hope for millions

Roni Jacobson
    Fri, 2 March 2018

America is losing the fight against heart disease, the nation's No. 1 killer. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, heart disease is responsible for 1 in 4 deaths in the United States every year. But not all people with this disease die from a heart attack.
    Almost 6 million Americans currently have heart failure, a type of heart disease in which the heart cannot pump blood properly. This figure is projected to rise by 46 percent by 2030, resulting in more than 8 million people with this chronic, progressive condition, according to the American Heart Association's 2017 Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics Update.
    The reasons: More people are surviving heart attacks and thus face higher heart-failure risk afterward, according to Paul Muntner, Ph.D., a member of the AHA's statistics committee and a professor and vice chair in the epidemiology department at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.

Keep reading: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/02/new-...nger-life.html
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: New breakthrough treatments for heart failure offer hope for millions

Sadly, the current drugs used to treat heart failure eventually cause side effects, damaging the kidneys and other organs, and must be discontinued.

Default Re: New breakthrough treatments for heart failure offer hope for millions

Exactly, Mr. Wizard. That's why I went in search of new developments. My hired help had to quit because of heart failure. Evidently he had the condition for a long time but putting in extra hours on my farm added an unexpected strain and he had to stop. He's only 32, and his father died of the same disease very young. His doctors are experimenting with new approaches, and I went in search of something encouraging that he might find reassuring. He's very scared.

High blood viscosity can lead to heart & stroke problems. Donating blood (as well as good hydration) can be simple remedies, as per Drs. Jonathan Wright & Jeffrey Dach.
    http://www.anh-usa.org/reduce-your-heart-risk/
    https://jeffreydachmd.com/2013/04/do...heart-disease/
    Last edited by grulla; 10-11-18 at 10:48 AM.

Grulla, great point about the nexus between high blood viscosity and heart problems. Your ANH article references vitamin E tocopherols as being a natural blood thinner. I would add vitamin E "tocotrienols" too. As you know, natural vitamin E consists of 8 compounds: Tocopherols (alpha, beta, delta & gamma) and Tocotrienols (alpha, beta, delta, & gamma). I've read that tocotrienols actually reduce blood pressure and thins the blood better than tocopherols. Tocotrienols also benefit those with liver and pancreatic cancers, among many other conditions. See link below for more on tocotrienols:

https://www.lifeextension.com/Magazi...ienols/Page-01

Regarding natural blood thinners, garlic, turmeric, and omega-3 fish oils are at the top of the list.

And let's not forget those dark leafy greens, and even broccoli — all those wonderful veggies that people on "blood thinners" are forbidden to eat. Swap the pills for the greens!

Excellent point. Another important reason to eat your leafy green veggies.

"Mr. Wizard", "Your ANH article references vitamin E tocopherols as being a natural blood thinner." More specifically, the Vit E supplement facts label should read the natural version, "d-Alpha Tocopherol" and NOT the synthetic version "dl Alpha Tocopherol". That begs the question, does the same requirement apply to Tocotrienol???

Hm, never new there was a difference. Rushed to the medicine chest. Whew, mine are the right kind!

Quote Originally Posted by grulla View Post
    "Mr. Wizard", "....That begs the question, does the same requirement apply to Tocotrienol???
    Great question, Grulla. I don't ever recall seeing a synthetic version of tocotrienols. So, you sent me researching. Turns out, all tocotrienols are from natural sources. This may explain why tocotrienols are more expensive than tocopherols. But, well worth the extra bucks. Tocotrienols are really just coming into the spot light, even though they were discovered in the 1960s. (Tocopherols, discovered in the 1920s, have received all the attention until recently.) I've been taking tocotrienols for several years because it is the only thing that raised my HDL levels into the 50s. **Key note: tocopherols and tocotrienols compete with each other for absorption if taken at the same time. I take them on separate days. Also, some tocotrienols are better than others. The richest sources are rice bran oil, palm oil, and the annatto bean. I use tocotrienols from the annatto bean.

That's great information, Mr. Wiz. You sent me looking for my last test results. My HDL level = 79. I have no idea why. I don't consume any of those sources, though I do take a tocotrienol daily... but I wasn't doing that when those panels were run.

Geez, and I was excited about an HDL of 54. I'd be ecstatic to have HDL of 79. I want your constitution!!

Sorry, Wiz, not for sale!

Thread Information