Thread: EVOLVE Physical Therapy in NYC Hosts Rock Steady Boxing’s Innovative Parkinson Train

Default EVOLVE Physical Therapy in NYC Hosts Rock Steady Boxing’s Innovative Parkinson Train

Evolve Physical Therapy: PRESS RELEASE
    Fri, 19 Oct 2018

BROOKLYN, N.Y., Oct. 19, 2018 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) –- Evolve Physical Therapy proudly partners with Rock Steady Boxing to help knock out Parkinson’s disease throughout NYC, offers new exercise program specifically aimed at improving the quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s Disease, garners NBC Nightly News attention.

Rock Steady Boxing (RSB) at Evolve NY offer a specialized exercise program that adapts pro boxing techniques for people with Parkinson’s disease, helping thousands of people across the country regain strength, mobility and hope. The Rock Steady Boxing training classes, taught by Evolve NY’s physical therapists and certified personal trainers, include an exercise program that attacks Parkinson’s at its vulnerable neurological points.

Continue reading at:
    https://www.send2press.com/wire/evol...ining-program/
    Last edited by Islander; 10-23-18 at 08:55 PM. Reason: formatting, corrected link

Default Re: EVOLVE Physical Therapy in NYC Hosts Rock Steady Boxing’s Innovative Parkinson Tr

Very interesting! I immediately thought of boxing legend Muhammed Ali, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's 3 yrs. after he retired from boxing at age 42. I wonder if his involvement in boxing masked his Parkinson's, only to show up in full 3 yrs. after he retired. Also, I often wondered if getting hit to the head and body over so many years may have caused or exacerbated his Parkinson's, but this article suggests that perhaps the boxing techniques may have actually been good for him.

Default Re: EVOLVE Physical Therapy in NYC Hosts Rock Steady Boxing’s Innovative Parkinson Tr

"... but this article suggests that perhaps the boxing techniques may have actually been good for him." I was under the opinion that the boxing therapy was based more on being just the punchor, and not the punchee, thereby getting a lot of movement exercise???

You said it better than I did. We agree. It's the boxing therapy, or as I said "boxing techniques," that are beneficial...not actually being punched.

Thread Information