Thread: Fasting Can Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

Default Fasting Can Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

Bryan Hubbard
    October 19 2018

Type 2 diabetes is very treatable. It can be reversed with a healthy diet—and also by intermittent fasting, researchers have discovered this week. Fasting for 24 hours intermittently—either every other day or for three days straight—can reverse the condition and eliminate the need for drug treatment.

Diabetics who had been taking insulin and medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol levels were drug-free after 10 months of intermittent fasting, researchers from the University of Toronto have discovered.

Read more: https://www.wddty.com/news/2018/10/f...=1540202617339

Default Re: Fasting Can Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

I think fasting works because of the reduced food intake. Calorie restriction plus healthier foods greatly reduce diabetic conditions. I read recently that bariatric surgery can reverse diabetes. It's not the surgery that does it, but the severe calorie restriction required while recovering from surgery and the reduced amounts of food eaten after the surgery.

Default Re: Fasting Can Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

Recently mercola.com devoted a feature article to this topic. I suspect Mr. Wiz is right, as are the people who attempt an organic vegetarian diet for a specific period (60 days? not sure). I had already reversed my diabetes when I began intermittent fasting (it had been promoted as healthful and contributing to longevity, and I wasn't hungry when I awoke in the morning anyway). I have my first meal of the day between noon and 1 p.m. and my last about 6 p.m., so about 16-18 hours between meals.
    The real key to reversing T2DM, from experience and observation, is to remove grains, sugars and starchy carbs (potatoes, rice, winter squash severely limited) from one's diet. It's pretty painless, easy to follow, and requires no assist from pharmaceuticals. I'm sure I've preached this gospel here in the past. The medical industry diagnoses T2DM when one's A1c reaches or exceeds 6.5. According to this doctrine, at 5.1 I have been "cured" for years. Of course there is no such thing as a cure; if I were to embrace the typical SAD again, I would quickly raise that number and do damage to my heart, liver, kidneys, pancreas, vision etc., possibly leading to an amputation. I've lost several friends who were unable to control their sugar addiction.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information