Thread: Rewrite Your Genetic Code With Green Tea And Red Wine

Default Rewrite Your Genetic Code With Green Tea And Red Wine

Bryan Hubbard
    July 9 2018

Compounds found in green tea and red wine can alter your DNA and change the genetic code that causes inherited problems such as metabolic disease.

People born with metabolic diseases accumulate metabolites that, in large quantities, can be toxic and cause severe developmental and mental disorders. They've been linked to neurodegenerative problems such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, metabolic diseases, and some cancers. A common metabolic disorder in children is PKU (phenylketonuria).

Sufferers have to stick to a very strict diet their whole lives to try and control the process, but scientists from Tel Aviv University have discovered the compounds in green tea and red wine go one better...., and stop the metabolites from forming in the first place.

Read more: https://www.wddty.com/news/2018/07/r...m_medium=email
    Last edited by Julieanne; 10-28-18 at 05:19 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Rewrite Your Genetic Code With Green Tea And Red Wine

really???

Bottoms up!

I had to join wddty.com in order to read the article. Better understanding might be achieved by going to the source. Before proceeding, I had to look up "metabolite." Here's what I found: "A metabolite is the intermediate end product of metabolism. The term metabolite is usually restricted to small molecules. Metabolites have various functions, including fuel, structure, signaling, stimulatory and inhibitory effects on enzymes, catalytic activity of their own (usually as a cofactor to an enzyme), defense, and interactions with other organisms (e.g. pigments, odorants, and pheromones). A primary metabolite is directly involved in normal "growth", development, and reproduction. Ethylene is an example of a primary metabolite produced in large-scale by industrial microbiology. A secondary metabolite is not directly involved in those processes, but usually has an important ecological function. Examples include antibiotics and pigments such as resins and terpenes etc. Some antibiotics use primary metabolites as precursors, such as actinomycin which is created from the primary metabolite, tryptophan. Some sugars are metabolites, such as fructose or glucose, which are both present in the metabolic pathways."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolite

Armed with the definition, I looked for the source, but not enough information is given to locate the exact study. However, I found the original from which the wddty.com was derived: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0702094043.htm. This original article is much more informative, and demonstrates exactly why including green tea and red wine in one's diet may have very specific outcomes for an aging population. Recommend you read it to the end.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Based on what I learned here, I looked for foods high in phenylalanine, and the results were staggering: https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/...nine-foods.php.
    Keep in mind that phenylalanine is necessary — that should be clear — but children born with phenylketonuria must survive on a severely limited diet. Some diet sodas could be deadly. How did I know that? I remember when aspartame was first introduced, and how diet sodas sweetened with it were toxic to kids with phenylketonuria.

Thanks for following that up Islander. I guess I'm a member, but not a paying member - I don't recall how that works, it's been a while since I joined. I checked the sciencedaily report, but found nothing related to an aging population.Where did you see that?

Unfortunately, I don't like green tea or red wine (much prefer white), but green extract capsules are available.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 10-28-18 at 06:20 PM.

Where did you see that?
    I clicked the source link at the bottom of your article. That took me not to a single article but to a whole cluster on Google. Among the cluster was the sciencedaily article with exactly the same title as the story you posted, except that it was more detailed.

OK. The source doesn't work for me as a link. No response, it stays as an arrow, not a hand. Thesciencedaily article talks about Alzheimer's and neurodegenerative disease. Is that what you meant?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I clicked the source link at the bottom of your article. That took me not to a single article but to a whole cluster on Google. Among the cluster was the sciencedaily article with exactly the same title as the story you posted, except that it was more detailed.
    Worked OK for me. The article is overall short, not much remaining, here is the rest: The compounds mimic the role of metabolic enzymes which control the production of metabolites in healthy people.The study "overhauls the research community's understanding of metabolic diseases," said one of the researchers, Shira Shaham-Niv. "We are entering a new era of understanding the role and the importance of metabolites in various diseases."

References

(Source: Communications Chemistry, 2018; 1: doi: 10.1038/s42004-018-0025-z)

Julieanne, you're right, it isn't a link, you have to copy it. Grulla reposted it above. I'm not sure what he meant by "here is the rest" because the sciencedaily article is a lot longer and more detailed, but yes, the discussion of Alzheimer's and neurodegenerative disease, phenylketonuria, etc.

Thread Information