Thread: A Vaccine for Depression?

Default A Vaccine for Depression?

You will need to read about halfway down to get to the main course.

Taylor Beck
    December 17, 2015

Ketamine’s remarkable effect bolsters a new theory of mental illness.

One sunny day this fall, I caught a glimpse of the new psychiatry. At a mental hospital near Yale University, a depressed patient was being injected with ketamine. For 40 minutes, the drug flowed into her arm, bound for cells in her brain. If it acts as expected, ketamine will become the first drug to quickly stop suicidal drive, with the potential to save many lives. Other studies of ketamine are evaluating its effect as a vaccination against depression and post-traumatic stress. Between them, the goal is nothing less than to redefine our understanding of mental illness itself.

Keep reading: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/a...Ufq_DrgnVi-Mzs

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: A Vaccine for Depression?

Fascinating!

Depression can be hard to treat. So, anything that helps should be championed. However, there are still lots of unknowns about the long term effects of ketamine. FDA approved for anesthesia, ketamine has NOT been FDA approved for depression. BigPharma is rushing to take advantage of "ketamine rave," working on ketaime nasal sprays, etc. IV infusion is the typical treatment mode. Ketamine clinics are popping up everywhere, charging anywhere from $350 to over a $1,000 per infusion. Since it's not yet FDA approved for depression, most insurance companies will not help with the cost. In addition, anesthesiologists argue they should be the only ones to administer the drug that can cause hallucinations. Psychiatrists are fearful of Ketamine clinics because they believe the drug should not be administered without complementary therapy sessions. Bottom line: there is no data on the long term effects of ketamine on the physical or mental health of people taking it. People fighting depression are hopeful about the positive results of ketamine, as they should be. However, some circumspection is still called for, as there's still a long list of unanswered questions about the drug.

Exactly. I would hesitate until those questions have been answered.

Apparently, Yale Univ. Medical School has been researching the treatment of depression with ketamine for over 20 years. And, the verdict is still out on this stuff. Based on their findings, I would proceed slowly. They found that: "1. in animal models, ketamine can have toxic effects on the brain if used early in life, and that repeated dosing at a high level can cause changes in the brain structure. Plus, there are potential cardiovascular and behavioral issues." This is not a drug one would take everyday, like the SSRIs. In fact, one is not allowed to drive for a full 24 hours after a single treatment. After over 20 yrs. of research at Yale, one would think this medication would have received a green light by now???

hey will you mind to try Kratom for your depression. As far as I know Kratom is highly recommended for mental depression.

Rabada66, I ordered 7 varieties of kratom to experiment on myself. So far I've tried the yellow, red and green veins. The green vein knocked me out... midmorning, it put me to sleep! Now I read that the white vein is best fir depression, so I'll try that next. I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Rabada66, I ordered 7 varieties of kratom to experiment on myself. So far I've tried the yellow, red and green veins. The green vein knocked me out... midmorning, it put me to sleep! Now I read that the white vein is best fir depression, so I'll try that next. I'll let you know!
    Yeah sure! Thanks for your reply mate. Actually, there are different types of Kratom available. People use it according to their needs. My whole family loves kratom a lot. They used it not only for mental depression and anxiety but also for severe pain as well. Besides, there have some good sources where quality Kratom available http://thegoldenmonk.com/ is one of them http://usabotanical.com/ is another good source. And http://thekratomtimes.com/ is also a great source.

Happy to use this natural supplement.

Rabada66, please edit your post. You are in violation of our rules and will be terminated if you do not comply. No sales are permitted here — we don't even accept advertising. Go back to the home page and under Getting Started, read "Rules of the Road." Then remove the sales links from your post. What you can do: offer to make recommendations if someone wishes to Private Message you.

Thread Information