Thread: Hemp May Soon Be Federally Legal, But Many Will Be Barred From Growing It

Default Hemp May Soon Be Federally Legal, But Many Will Be Barred From Growing It

EW/Dan Nosowitz
    Dec. 7, 2018

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell has, perhaps unexpectedly to those who find themselves agreeing with only this one position of his, been a major force for legalizing industrial hemp. Industrial hemp differs from marijuana in that it's bred specifically to have extremely low concentrations of THC, the primary psychoactive chemical in marijuana; smoke industrial hemp all you want, it'll just give you sore lungs.
    ...But the current version of the Farm Bill includes a stipulation to broad legalization: it bars anyone with a drug felony from participating in any way in hemp cultivation.

Continue reading at: https://www.ecowatch.com/industrial-...f7e00-85964677
    Last edited by Islander; 12-08-18 at 05:47 PM.

Default Re: Hemp May Soon Be Federally Legal, But Many Will Be Barred From Growing It

"McConnell has long been a proponent of industrial hemp; his home state, Kentucky, has a long history with the crop." And I'm sure, libertarian inclined Kentucky co-senator, Rand Paul, will be very much in lockstep with KY senate partner Mitch McConnell on this matter. IMHO, they should push this through congress quickly, and sort out the "past drug felony" nonsense in "court", at a later time.
    Last edited by grulla; 12-08-18 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added IMHO

Default Re: Hemp May Soon Be Federally Legal, But Many Will Be Barred From Growing It

Yesterday, while driving west at 65 MPH on U.S. Hwy 70 through the Gila Valley east of Safford, AZ, to meet up with the Red Cross blood donation people in nearby Thatcher, I quickly spotted a large sign in front of one of the many cotton farms in the area, touting that they were growing hemp. Further west, I noticed another farm with long, white coverings on the row crops, which according to the pic on my link, is another sign of growing hemp, as this link explains: https://gilavalleycentral.net/hemp-f...e-gila-valley/

Not news any more; it's legal pretty much everywhere. Acres of it in Maine. Just don't come anywhere near my medical cannabis with it!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information