Thread: Kitty Litter Concerns

Default Kitty Litter Concerns

Hiyaguha Cohen
    11/23/2018

Last year, we decided that our outdoor cat needed to come indoors for good, and I was concerned. She had spent the previous six years of her life doing all her business in the nearby fields and woods, and I couldn’t imagine that she’d ever use a litter box. It seemed laughable to hope that she’d switch right over to a tiny bin filled with sandy stuff. But to our amazement, Cali took to the litter box on day one.
    Once I got over my pride in Cali’s remarkable litter-box achievements, I started to notice that the litter was so dusty that clouds formed in the air whenever I scooped it. It was impossible not to inhale a little. I started to worry about the litter itself. Was it safe for the cat to use? For us to be breathing in? For our other pets?

Keep reading: https://jonbarron.org/pets/kitty-lit..._hsmi=68045714
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Kitty Litter Concerns

"... I started to notice that the litter was so dusty that clouds formed in the air whenever I scooped it." I always buy basic, unadulterated, unscented clay kitty litter, which is kept in the bathroom for my 20 Y.O. Siamese, Willa. However, when pouring it out of the paper sack, the litter is very prone to causing dust, so I take the litterbox tub outdoors, and pour the dusty litter into the tub from a high elevation in order to winnow the dust. The elevation is dependent on the wind speed, the slower the wind, the higher I elevate it. That way, I avoid breathing the dust.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-Ki...7-lb/262000048

Default Re: Kitty Litter Concerns

After I posted the previous kitty litter comment this morning, I got to thinking that the Wally $4.49 single bag price on the basic 7lb Kitty Diggins litter link was far above what I have previously paid, which AFAIR was about $1.07.

So after posting this morning, I left to go do our routine Sunday morning grocery shopping with my disabled SIL, (mostly at our co-op), and (re)checked the Kitty Diggins price at Wally. Sure enough, it was only $1.26, and not the $4.49 link price, for the same size 7lb. bag, go figure??? So I bought a couple more bags and made sure I was charged the $1.26 at the checkout, which I was. I/we would be interested to hear feedback if that $1.26, single 7lb bag price is consistent at other Wallys around the U.S. https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-Ki...7-lb/262000048
    Last edited by grulla; 12-09-18 at 05:28 PM.

Thread Information