Thread: High Doses Of Vitamin D Are Reducing Artery Hardness In Just Four Months

Default High Doses Of Vitamin D Are Reducing Artery Hardness In Just Four Months

Bryan Hubbard
    January 8 2018

Hardening of the arteries—one of the signs of heart disease—can be improved in just four months by taking high doses of vitamin D, a new study has discovered.
    Atherosclerosis happens when the artery walls start to narrow and harden, eventually leading to a heart attack or stroke—and medicine's standard response is cholesterol-lowering statin drugs, or bypass or angioplasty surgery.

But researchers have discovered that very high doses of vitamin D—six times more than the recommended daily allowance—is "significantly and rapidly reducing (arterial) stiffness," says Anas Raed, lead researcher on the project from the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.

Read more:https://www.wddty.com/news/2018/01/h...9&utm_content=

Default Re: High Doses Of Vitamin D Are Reducing Artery Hardness In Just Four Months

Good news

Default Re: High Doses Of Vitamin D Are Reducing Artery Hardness In Just Four Months

Hopefully, researchers used vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), rather than D2 (ergocalciferol). Combining vit. D3 with omega-3 fish oil, olive oil, avocado oil, or other high quality fats makes it more efficient because vit. D is fat soluble. There are numerous foods, like fatty fish, leafy green veggies, fresh raw garlic, etc., that when eaten with vit. D3 would greatly reduce arterial stiffness, and would have required less vit.D3. These foods contain co-factors that make vit. D more effective in smaller amounts.

Perhaps. I'm skeptical. Wonder why? Hop on over to the Vitamin C sub-forum and read the last two posts in the stack of "stickies." I'm not saying Vitamin C is a panacea... just that I fear it's been too readily dismissed because of its innocent simplicity.
    It's been shown to ease the withdrawal from addiction. IV injections have been shown to kill cancer. Deficiency of Vitamin C was recently demonstrated as the reason behind osteoporosis. And those two articles I just referenced explain its role in keeping blood vessels supple.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

A most astute comment!!! I agree 100% that vit. C gets overlooked so often, when in truth it is a "panacea" for most of what ails us. I have long said that if forced to choose but one supplement over all others I would choose vit. C. And, more specifically, vit. C complex, which includes the bioflavanoids that appears with ascorbic acid in nature.

Yup. In the morning I take one dose of C with L-Lysine & L-Proline, the Pauling-Rath heart protocol. I take 3 more in the course of the day, with querticin and bioflavanoids. I think I'm covered!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I've actually adopted your vit. C routine, except I take only about half the amount you take.

Thread Information