Thread: FDA Approves VAXELIS, Sanofi (SNY) and Merck's (MRK) Pediatric Hexavalent Combination

Default FDA Approves VAXELIS, Sanofi (SNY) and Merck's (MRK) Pediatric Hexavalent Combination

no author cited
    December 26, 2018

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved VAXELIS™ (Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Adsorbed, Inactivated Poliovirus, Haemophilus b Conjugate [Meningococcal Protein Conjugate] and Hepatitis B [Recombinant] Vaccine) for use in children from 6 weeks through 4 years of age (prior to the 5th birthday). VAXELIS was developed as part of a joint-partnership between Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) and Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada.

Keep reading: https://www.streetinsider.com/Corpor...EK_tz90XY4nlpg

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: FDA Approves VAXELIS, Sanofi (SNY) and Merck's (MRK) Pediatric Hexavalent Combina

So, these 6 "individual" vaccines are already approved for infants & toddlers. What's new is combining them all together and administering all at one time. I'm trying to determine whether combining all these vaccines into one allows the manufacturers to use less or larger amounts of adjuvants, like aluminum, and other ingredients, like formaldehyde?

Default Re: FDA Approves VAXELIS, Sanofi (SNY) and Merck's (MRK) Pediatric Hexavalent Combina

Surely there is some monetary advantage, or they wouldn't have done it.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Good question, Mr. Wiz. But even setting that question aside, can you just imagine what the rest of the ingredients in six different vaccines at a time must do to a tiny infant's developing immune system?

@Pattypans: You've raised an important issue: what do all these ingredients do to a child's developing immune system? The truth is children already receive these 6 vaccines by the time they're 8 "weeks" old, if the CDC Vax schedule is followed. Difference is all 6 are not given at one time. Sanofi marketed this 6 in 1 vaccine in the European Union and elsewhere more than 5 years ago. So, it's not new. Problem is...no one's really done an indepth study of the effects on children since it was first used in 2013. It's not available in the U.S. for another year (2020). My major concern is "vaccine overload."
    Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 01-26-19 at 06:04 PM.

Veteran Member

My major concern is vaccines, period. My mother, born in the 1920's, was a wise woman ahead of her times for not vaccinating us after my slightly older sister was hospitalized with encephalitis, which my mother was convinced (and I believe she was right) was caused by a smallpox vaccination. Since I was the youngest, I benefited the most: NO childhood vaccinations for me! I'm eternally grateful to her. I fully believe it will benefit me til the day I die.

Thread Information