Thread: Looming Global Crisis Means People's Diets Must Change: Experts

Default Looming Global Crisis Means People's Diets Must Change: Experts

Dennis Thompson
    Jan. 16, 2019

The average person's daily diet will need to change drastically during the next three decades to make sure everyone is fed without depleting the planet, a panel of experts has concluded.
    Global consumption of foods such as red meat and sugar will have to decrease by about half to make sure the Earth will be able to feed a growing population of 10 billion people by 2050, according to the EAT-Lancet Commission on healthy diets from sustainable food systems. At the same time, people will need to double the amount of plant-based foods they eat, including nuts, fruits, vegetables and legumes, experts said.

Continue reading at: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...change-experts
    Last edited by Islander; 01-17-19 at 02:06 PM. Reason: formatting

Default Re: Looming Global Crisis Means People's Diets Must Change: Experts

Sounds like a healthy diet to me! We could even eliminate the sugar entirely.
    Haha, just kidding. Like that's gonna happen!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Again, here is one of my favorite issues: The failure to make any distinction between feedlot raised CAFO "red meat" and pastured beef animals such as we have here. The pasture land is not really usable for anything else, and the animals use few resources other than the rain which falls from the sky. CAFO meat animals of any sort are an entirely different operation, and effects on human health from consuming them are entirely different, as well.

I think we should completely stop eating red meat only focus on the plant based food

jeroldvince, not everyone does well on a vegan or vegetarian diet. Per Maurya's post, organic pastured red meat is fine. It's only when you get into CAFO meat that you get all the chemicals, contaminants and increased cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurya View Post
    Again, here is one of my favorite issues: The failure to make any distinction between feedlot raised CAFO "red meat" and pastured beef animals such as we have here. The pasture land is not really usable for anything else, and the animals use few resources other than the rain which falls from the sky. CAFO meat animals of any sort are an entirely different operation, and effects on human health from consuming them are entirely different, as well.
    Totally agree!

A couple of extra points:

To support feedlot operations, monocrops of beans and grains are grown, leaving the land bare with high water evaporation and carbon escape present during much of the year.

But with a return to bison grazing plains and steppes, the grasses are a much greater carbon and moisture sink. Just by converting monocrop land and deforested land back to grazing land it is claimed we could, without reducing industrial carbon emissions at all, return the planet to pre-industrial levels of atmospheric carbon in just 40 years.

https://bio4climate.org/downloads/Geotherapy_chapter.pdf

My personal feeling is that the only reason we have such excess of humanity on this earth at this time is purely the pushing of worthless carbohydrates at "developing" countries to make more money for corporations. Returning our meat supply to production on grazing land would be a tremendous win/win/win on many levels, from fuel waste to carbon sequestration to healthier meat with less toxins involved like antibiotics.

Today situation is such that getting meat without toxins and various antibiotics lock like something unreal. We are so much thinking about food that earning money become not for spent on self-development but on our nutrition. It sounds so sad. The whole problem is in our head. I have already gone through this. I hope I never come back! Dr. Goldberg from the clinic helped me at. My course included not only injections but also a psychological course.Psychological dependence on food was very great. At first, there're thoughts that it was better not to live than to limit myself from such pleasure.Such a problem exists in large cities with a developed infrastructure. Where people are fixated on making money and losing the value of life. I think the problem is much deeper and reviewing your diet - people can't so easily abandon it.
    Last edited by Islander; 02-26-19 at 11:33 AM.

Zalgiyrr, I have removed your link because it is a violation of our spamming rules. If you are here only to promote your diet plan, I hope you find enough useful information to continue to participate. Further attempts to advertise a business will result in your being banned.

Thread Information