Thread: New Science Finds Magnesium Safer, More Affordable, And More Effective Than Depressio

Default New Science Finds Magnesium Safer, More Affordable, And More Effective Than Depressio

No author listed
    Undated
    References cited

Depression is one of the most common mental disorders worldwide. The WHO estimates that there are more than 300 million people from all ages who suffer from depression worldwide. In fact, they cite depression as a leading cause of disability and as one of the major contributors to the global burden of disease. Because of the stigma of depression, many cases remain unreported with people affected by it leading very poor-quality lives; worst case scenario, depression can lead to suicide. WHO reports that close to 800,000 people commit suicide each year. [1]

Keep reading: http://www.herbs-info.com/blog/new-s...jiQLsaeiwfQA0Y
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: New Science Finds Magnesium Safer, More Affordable, And More Effective Than Depre

I take six 500mg tablets a day of Magnesium chelate, but it didn't stop me getting depression a few months ago. Not everyone's depression can be improved with better nutrition, but I'm glad it helps some.

Default Re: New Science Finds Magnesium Safer, More Affordable, And More Effective Than Depre

This study used magnesium chloride--(4) 500mg. tablets per day for 6 weeks. Magnesium chloride can be hard on the kidneys, so people with kidney problems may want to choose another form. Also, I read magnesium chloride, more so than other forms, interact with antibiotics, tetracycline, and other medications.

Thanks, Mr. Wiz, that's good to know.

Many forms of magnesium are poorly absorbed, although inexpensive. Mg Oxide, Mg Citrate, Mg Chloride are examples of these. Some people might do better on others forms such as Mg Glycinate, Mg Taurate, Mg Orotate, and others. Check out some other articles in this forum on the different forms of magnesium and their specific uses.

Or you could google "foods high in magnesium" and the top of the results page will give you a list of 22 foods, some of which you are already eating: oatmeal, quinoa, avocados, broccoli, bananas, brown rice.

Islander, of the 6 foods you listed above, I eat only one--broccoli--on a consistent basis. That's why I supplement because my diet is so limited. I like the foods I like. So, branching out and incorporating new foods into my diet is a huge challenge. Even when I dine out, I have a tendency to order the same thing.

Haha, and I thought I had selected some of the more common ones! How about nuts? Nuts get high ratings.

Thread Information