Thread: Rockland bans unvaccinated kids from public places in State of Emergency for measles

Veteran Member

Default Rockland bans unvaccinated kids from public places in State of Emergency for measles

Rochel Leah Goldblatt, Nancy Cutler, David Robinson and Matt Spillane
    March 26, 2019

Rockland declares state of emergency for measles, bans unvaccinated minors from schools, houses of worship, shopping centers

Citing pockets of resistance that are impeding Rockland's efforts to stem a measles outbreak that has risen to 153 cases since October, County Executive Ed Day declared a state of emergency Tuesday.
    Starting at midnight, anyone who is under 18 and not vaccinated against the measles was banned from public places….
    . . . . Noncompliance will carry penalties of six months in jail or a $500 fine, although Day said law enforcement would not be deployed at any location seeking proof of vaccination. If a person is found to be in violation, the case would be referred to the county District Attorney's office.

Read more: https://www.lohud.com/story/news/loc...ak/3276527002/
    Last edited by Islander; 03-26-19 at 10:08 PM. Reason: formatting

Default Re: Rockland bans unvaccinated kids from public places in State of Emergency for meas

The NYTimes gave it broader coverage:
    Rockland declares state of emergency for measles, bans unvaccinated minors from schools, houses of worship, shopping centers
    Michael Gold and Tyler Pager
    March 26, 2019

An executive order pulled close to 6,000 unvaccinated children out of schools. Nearly 17,000 doses of the measles-mumps-rubella (M.M.R.) vaccine were given in 26 weeks. There was a public health campaign in which community officials, doctors and rabbis testified to the importance of immunizations.
    None of those efforts stemmed the severe measles outbreak that has been plaguing Rockland County in New York since October.
    So on Tuesday, in an extraordinary step, the county executive, Ed Day, declared a state of emergency, effective at midnight, that would bar children and teenagers who are not vaccinated against measles from public places.

Keep reading: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/26/n...nd-county.html
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Rockland bans unvaccinated kids from public places in State of Emergency for meas

I hope the general pubic will see this as an extreme over-reaction rather than an example to follow.

When did we start treating the measles like the black plague of Europe's medieval times? County Exec. Ed Day should be reminded that he is an "elected" official, who can be removed from office.

So much fear, even panic, is being generated by those same elected officials that I doubt whether a turning point is possible now. I've had extreme pushback on Facebook over the last 10 days or so on two posts, that I'm now at the point of dropping the topic entirely. People choose not to read/view, or not to believe, the facts I post, and of course any search they do turns up only the same propaganda they've heard all their lives. Even my kids' pediatricians will, I'm sure, counsel them to vaccinate because failure to follow the "standard of practice" will cost them their jobs. The only workaround I can think of is to ask the doctor, "if you had children, would you vaccinate them?" And even then the answer you get may not be truthful.
    I'm pretty discouraged.

I'm not discouraged because the one thing parents want to get right is raising healthy kids. Once parents really became knowledgeable about how bad fast food was for their kids, the fast food companies improved their menus for the better. Americans will figure this vaccination thing out. It may take a while, but people are waking up. And, when the politicians start declaring "public emergencies" over kids not being vaccinated and barring kids from public spaces, and taking away the parent's right to choose, all hell is going to break through. We may not control much in this world today, but we surely want control over our kids' health.

I sure hope you are right, Mr. Wiz!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
    When did we start treating the measles like the black plague of Europe's medieval times?
    I know! This is one of the other faces of the whole thing. I have no doubt whatsoever that there are more children adversely affected by the MMR vaccine than by a simple measles infection! If we had a show of hands here at HH--"How many of you had measles when you were a kid?"--I'll bet a lot of hands would be raised. Mine would. The vast majority survive measles not only unscathed, but with a stronger immune system because of it.

Well there's a call! We have a huge number of daily visitors but also a lot of members who can post, but rarely if ever do so. How about speaking up? I'll create a poll... stand by.

Meanwhile, here's the headline of a story I'll post soon:
    ZERO U.S. Measles Deaths in 10 Years, but Over 100 Measles Vaccine Deaths Reported (2004-2015)

I hope Mr Wizard is right, as well. In the meantime, however, all of this coerced vaccination is resulting in neurologically disabled people, most of whom will survive, but are becoming adults who will require life long care. This black and white thinking that either you are dead or you are healthy is a big part of the problem. The long term impairment that results from any vaccine is becoming an incredible drain on society, economy, culture, and what is left of the families of these people.

Well said, Maurya!

Thread Information