Thread: Curing Polio with Magnesium

Default Curing Polio with Magnesium

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, May 31, 2019

The tip of the iceberg?
    Commentary by Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD

(OMNS May 31 2019) While magnesium remains greatly underutilized in the treatment of a wide range of medical conditions, it is gradually becoming a more common nonspecific positive "health tonic" added to an increasing number of intravenous infusions given around the world. Literally, greater than 99% of magnesium is contained inside the cells of the body, and getting as much magnesium to accumulate inside the cells over time is a highly desirable goal, as the vast majority of adults are depleted in their cells and particularly the mitochondria even when serum magnesium levels are in the normal range. Magnesium administration is only really potentially toxic in the context of renal failure, excessive and/or rapid intravenous infusion, and when magnesium cathartics stay in the bowels for days without being eliminated, such as is seen in many nursing home residents. It has also been found to be problematic in persons with myasthenia gravis and severe bradycardia.

Keep reading: http://orthomolecular.activehosted.c...4c9ec6997.117&
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Curing Polio with Magnesium

This excerpt in particular was especially informative:
    "Especially in acute infectious diseases, typically viral, serum vitamin C levels can drop to extremely low levels, and they can even become immeasurable in the urine. Magnesium levels typically decline in concert with such a vitamin C decline. There appears to be a strong therapeutic synergy between vitamin C and magnesium in normalizing elevated intracellular oxidative stress and in resolving either an acute infection or lessening the pathology of a chronic disease. When such oxidative stress can be reduced to normal, physiological levels, intracellular physiology normalizes, and the cell can be essentially regarded as cured, whether it was an infection or another toxin source that elevated the intracellular oxidative stress in the first place.
    Magnesium increases the phagocytic capacity of the scavenging white blood cells in combatting infections, and vitamin C can attack pathogens directly via up regulation of the Fenton reaction inside the cells, increasing their internal oxidative stress to the point of pathogen rupture (Vilchèze et al., 2013; Levy, 2013). These anti-pathogen mechanisms can be very synergistic in treating infectious diseases. Furthermore, vitamin C enhances the capacity of all of the scavenger immune cells by concentrating inside them and allowing them to supply a greater immediate antioxidant delivery when the natural immune response summons them to areas of focal infection and inflammation that are always acutely and severely depleted of antioxidant capacity."

I was unaware of these actions and of the synergy of magnesium and vitamin C. The disappearance of serum vitamin C may explain why, even at 16-18 g/day, I have never reached bowel tolerance when treating the early symptoms of a virus. And of course, prompt Tx explains why I haven't had a cold as far back as I can remember — at least 15 years.

That's wonderful news! I take magnesium supplements and vitamin C daily, and can't remember when I last had a cold. But I'm also careful to wash my hands after pushing a supermarket trolley.

And I am just the opposite. I believe that the more germs my immune system is exposed to, the better prepared it is to contend with any intruders. Imagine what they found on the posts in New York City subway cars: practically every bacterium or virus imaginable, including the black plague. I don't think they found ebola, but nothing would surprise me after reading that!

Very informative. I was not aware of the critical synergy between magnesium & vit. C in normalizing intracellular oxidative stress. I notice the doc used magnesium chloride to cure the young boy of polio. As repeatedly noted here at HH, there are numerous types of magnesium (citrate, chloride, oxide, theonate, etc. etc.). I'm curious to learn more about the doc's choice of mag. chloride.

Thread Information